Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
AmitZ said:
So basically you're justifying your piracy because "Companies have to much money"? Stealing is still stealing whether you're stealing from the poor or stealing from the rich.
And about homebrew, let's face it, most people who hack their consoles, hack it for piracy. Few are the people that actually use it for homebrew and hombrew only, or people who "try before you buy" it.
Yes, that is exactly how I'm justifying my piracy. I don't feel bad about not paying for games from Nintendo because in my mind, they're stealing from me. They overcharge for everything, and the amount of money that you have to spend on peripherals is ridiculous. You may not agree with it, but that's just a difference of opinion. I buy the games that I believe are worth the coin, and I'm thankful for piracy because it allows me to distinguish which are and which aren't before I spend the money.

You're correct though, most people who hack their consoles do it for piracy. I just don't believe that people who don't should suffer. I'm also a firm believer in that if I pay for something, I should be able to use the hardware to its full potential.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not reading all 10 pages of this, so some (or more like all) of this has already been mentioned. But my thoughts...

-As far as I understand it you can turn off the Wifi with a switch. If nothing else, not everybody even has public WiFi around them, I certainly don't except for my home router.

-Nintendo puts updates on Wii games, but certainly hasn't stopped people from playing the games without updates. A lot of people are still on 3.2 or 3.4. Granted, you sometimes have to install some IOSes, so this might require a wad manager of sorts for the 3DS, and/or really good AKAIO3D updates. Unless Ninteno starts requiring certain firmware for certain games, and even that could be gotten around.

-Even when people have updated, there are things like TBR, etc. that unsecure the firmware so you can again play things like NSMB.

Now, understandably, on the Wii we have complete and total access and that is unlikely on the 3DS, so the above is not a perfect analogy. But even with our limited access to the DSi, they still haven't blocked DS mode flashcarts on it after 2 attempts. So, I think it will not be as foolproof as Nintendo thinks. So we can still sit back and play the N64 and VB emulators on the 3DS in 2 years or so, which is of course, the really important thing.

(And yes, I was kidding about the AKAIO 3D)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kane91z said:
While I am not the biggest supporter of piracy, it's not stealing. Stealing means you take something from someone else and they no longer have it. Piracy is copying a bought product, there is no taking away. Personally I like to hack my devices and do neat things with them as a hobby. Another thing I do not consider piracy is using an emulator to play games you already own on another system. Virtual console is just a trick to get you to buy something multiple times.

lol.. WHAT?! lol.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Cortador said:
Don't setup an internet connection at all?
Doesn't matter.
The 3DS will search automatically for wi-fi (Wi-Fi from hotspots like Starbucks or even maybe a neighbors Wi-Fi) and download these updates.

Sly Nintendo, sly.
HAHAHA watch nintendo get sued for this one if it was me who had an illegal connection i'd say "blame nintendo i dont have wifi it auto connects for updating -shows the cop the features-

Mikehoncho16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple solution people, I shall now reveal it!

*drumroll* patpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpat

TURN OFF YOUR DS WHEN YOUR NOT PLAYING IT!

sstomouth

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
sstomouth said:
Fuck that shit, if it is true, Nintendo will lose sales from me and other pirates. What fags.
facepalm.jpg
lol. now I see what I did wrong.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sense my bad and good views was already said about privacy, all I got to say is,if it start the update without you knowing and the 3DS power goes out and you may be mess up....

Edit: Will it be like the psp were you turn it out and then resume the game?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mikehoncho16 said:

You know what, I question this too. I doubt it's possible to update when the power is off.

But then again, there's also the problem where, say if I walk near a starbucks for 10 seconds, my 3DS starts updating, then I walk away/pass it, does the 3DS freeze and not work, does it continuously try to update even if the battery dies or what.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
To be honest with all of you, I'm surprised no one has brought this up.

I'm sure all of you guys have seen APs by your friendly neighbourhood ISPs.
Around my area, I have two APs from two well known ISPs.
Optus (SSID: Optus******* WPA2-PSK encrypted)
and Telstra (SSID: Bigpond******* WPA2-PSK encrypted again)

All Nintendo has to do is to sign agreements with your ISPs to automatically connect to your local ISP-run APs to download the firmware updates.
But then again, there is also a wifi switch on the Nintendo 3DS. Just switch it off?

Also to you "Anti-Pirates", Some people just do not want to bother with a fucking huge waiting time from supplier to home. Sure, i pirated Hatsune Miku Project DIVA 2nd before it came out, but i also pre-ordered it from PlayAsia. It came 4-5 good months later after many emails and stuff like that. The original game got lost in the mail but eventually came to me.

Also, some people like to try before they buy. You can try a game released in the US and if you like it, buy it when it is avaliable in you region!

Just my two cents.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hah, they are basically conceding that 3DS flash carts will exist.
This is good news to me. And I'm sure there will be some way to disable the auto-updating.
Plus, I'm sure that forcibly automatically connecting to unknown networks violates some FCC regulation out there.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mikehoncho16 said:

maybe they won't LET you completely turn it off...

and maybe they won't give you the option of taking out the battery...ahem...APPLE.

and MAYBE turning off Wifi is only for YOUR access...maybe Wifi access is on all the time for them...

bassgs 435

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
Mikehoncho16 said:

and maybe they won't give you the option of taking out the battery...ahem...APPLE.

and MAYBE turning off Wifi is only for YOUR access...maybe Wifi access is on all the time for them...
so it has to consume power even if i want to save it? and one thing . I can't import games and so piracy is the only resource for me to play super robot taisen. bring it here to spain then. same with megaten. and tales of. oh of course, in spanish . since fan translations are impossible and we want everyone to understand the game. if not, piracy is the only source. oh and what if you're taking your 3DS on a plane trip. can't you shut it off so the thing won't interfere with the plane's equipment. I don't like the looks of this AT ALL
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bassgs 435 said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
Mikehoncho16 said:

so it has to consume power even if i want to save it? and one thing . I can't import games and so piracy is the only resource for me to play super robot taisen. bring it here to spain then. same with megaten. and tales of. oh of course, in spanish . since fan translations are impossible and we want everyone to understand the game. if not, piracy is the only source. oh and what if you're taking your 3DS on a plane trip. can't you shut it off so the thing won't interfere with the plane's equipment. I don't like the looks of this AT ALL
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

I agree more...

Super Robot Taisen W deserves to get a fucking release outside of Japan

not the stupid americanized shit OG Saga Endless Frontier bullshit or whatever that WE got

MORE TEKNOMAN, FULL METAL PANIC, GUNDAM and GIANT ROBOTS DAMNIT!

oh...Tales of the Tempest for DS?.....SUCKED.

on topique - the 3DS might not have a complete shutoff...I think the PS2 or PS3 never shuts off does it?...unless you completely pull the plug

bassgs 435

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
bassgs 435 said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
Mikehoncho16 said:

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

I agree more...

not the stupid americanized shit OG Saga Endless Frontier bullshit or whatever that WE got

on topique - the 3DS might not have a complete shutoff...I think the PS2 or PS3 never shuts off does it?...unless you completely pull the plug
use the switch they have at the back and I'm concerned about 3DS in planes if the WI-FI has to be on. I hope they think about that
unsure.gif
. It can be dangerous a device that looks all the time for WI-fi hotspots in a plane
frown.gif

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bassgs 435 said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
bassgs 435 said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
Mikehoncho16 said:

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

I agree more...

use the switch they have at the back and I'm concerned about 3DS in planes if the WI-FI has to be on. I hope they think about that
unsure.gif
. It can be dangerous a device that looks all the time for WI-fi hotspots in a plane
frown.gif

sure you can turn it off...but can u turn it off REALLY?

like "turning off" location services for iPhone or any iDevice...you think apple is really going to give you the freedom to not be tracked?...I think not..

and if they don't get you with the wireless update..

if you buy one of Nintendo's "so called" WORTH BUYING 3DS games....

the update is going to be bundled with it...so your fucked either way....

bassgs 435

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
then what about planes? keep in mind I'm very uninformed about this kind of function . It is the first time I heard about it.

bassgs 435

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BlueJon5 said:
JUST TURN OFF YOUR WIFI
biggrin.gif
then I wouldn't have internet. simpler. don't give the wep password to the 3DS. If they put passwords or routers I don't think it's legal to put a built-in passqord cracker on the machine

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stanleyopar2000 said:
sure you can turn it off...but can u turn it off REALLY?

like "turning off" location services for iPhone or any iDevice...you think apple is really going to give you the freedom to not be tracked?...I think not..

and if they don't get you with the wireless update..

if you buy one of Nintendo's "so called" WORTH BUYING 3DS games....

the update is going to be bundled with it...so your fucked either way....
That's what Sony said about the updates on the UMD's, but those were hacked.

Nothing is hack proof. Everything is available to be worked on so it can be hacked. It's just a matter of time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958