Hardware 3DS Controller Pad Stuck

robotic_jo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read many issues about this but nothing says something about this. I'm not sure if its part of the 3Ds controller pad but there seems to be some white string under the circle pad. I can see this because I lost my circle pad cover a year ago or something like that. Is that supposed to be there? Is that the cause of my 3Ds being stuck? I know people have been saying things like hold the circle pad up but that doesn't work. Just wondering if this string has anything to do with it.

(also sm4sh 3ds did this. though i've been playing for like 2 years and this never happened to me)

robotic_jo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
t4coErl.png
5Wp7Emk.png
its really hard to take a picture of it but it gets stuck like that (the one on the right) and the bottom left (hard to see)has a white bit. it's easier to see in person but harder to take a picture of.(sorry for trash quality)

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
t4coErl.png
5Wp7Emk.png
its really hard to take a picture of it but it gets stuck like that (the one on the right) and the bottom left (hard to see)has a white bit. it's easier to see in person but harder to take a picture of.(sorry for trash quality)
Post a picture under more light, it is VERY hard to make out with such low light.

robotic_jo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Post a picture under more light, it is VERY hard to make out with such low light.
i tried but i couldnt get good lighting. And I was using my laptop since i dont have anything else to take a picture with. Main point is white string under the circle pad

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
One IDEA that may explain this white part is maybe the ridge where the stick touches scraped away the cover, if you can open your 3DS up and get a closer look at the stick that may help you.

robotic_jo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One IDEA that may explain this white part is maybe the ridge where the stick touches scraped away the cover, if you can open your 3DS up and get a closer look at the stick that may help you.
i would try that but im no expert at that type of stuff.

Aeronic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would try that but im no expert at that type of stuff.

A good way to learn is to research and put into practice. I suggest following the disassembly guide for your 3ds model on the hardmod thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ if you really want to find out what's going on with your circle pad. Trust me, taking the system apart is only nerve racking the first few times; After that you can do it without much concern.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all