3DS Controller Grip

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Lanlan, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Lanlan
    OP

Lanlan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    I've been finding the 3DS sort of uncomfortable to hold, has anyone tried any of the grip attachments available? I don't wanna just randomly buy one and it end up being a turd. Do they help out much?

2. avran89

avran89 ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!

May 10, 2011
    United States
    Pokemon League
    I don't own any but the Nyko brand "power grip"/"power grip pro" got good feedback from reviews and customers.

3. Langin

Langin HI! ^O^

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    Maybe a circle pad pro?

4. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
  5. aur

aur Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2009
  6. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    [​IMG]

The DX grip came in. Not as comfortable as I hoped, but it works okay. But it hides the stylus slot. Can't complain for $6 though.

7. MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
  8. Coltonamore

Coltonamore Time to stop Tron Bonne!

Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Kattelox Island
    Just use the Nyko Power Pack+. It works just fine for that, it also gives you better battery life then the battery that comes with the 3ds (Witch is garbage by the way. Seriously only 3 hours of battery life!? Wtf Nintendo!!!) You will at least get very good battery life if you have power saving mode on and the brightness set to 3 on the 3ds. It lasted a long time for me. (My guess is about 6 hours) but I'm not sure though. I never play that thing all day, and every hour so I don't know. But I always charge it at night. (Thats normally when my 3ds battery gets low.) The point is, just get that, its a two in one solution. You get better battery life and two grips on the back. I recommend it.