3DS Community Stories

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
I went to Gamestop and was like "you guyz got 3ds model on display!?" and they'z like "no! we don't! Some reason! Go to bestbuy!They haz ones!" and i was like "awh thatz so far awayssss" so i left and went to Target instead! and theyz like "its over thereeeee!" and i wuz like
realqo.jpg

and played Piolet wingz and was like "why pioletwingz!?" i wanted to play SF4 or SOMTHINZ but NU! So'z i went home sad.

Does this count as a 3DS Story? I didnt buy one, but they'z like 250 DULLRZ so, WHO DID RITE!? INOOO

moogle.gif
My gamestop has SSF and 3ds demo on display....
I got the black 3DS, and my brother got the blue,
They both r amazing, First i took out my iEdge, DStwo, other dstwo and m3i zero and had that ar card pack on them, and i played ar games for awhile and took a pic with my mii and took a picture of it next to LOLMYNARUTOCOLLECTIBLES and he ( my mii) is Kakashi.
Also i played my games Lego star wars, SSF MOnkey ball and Rayman. I play SSF4 and Star wars the most, Star wars i have over 4 million studs! i got stuck on the mission Storm over Ryloth and i have a topic about it but only one person gave me a guide, and the best part is it didnt tell me shit, ALl other levels filled out except for this one, what is this? SBTW i got 4 million studs cause since i cant beat the level i went and got a bunch of red bricks from the levels i got, i got x2 stud thing, x4 stud thing, and fast build so far. on SS4 ( which my brother usually Hogs) is AWESOME, and my mom, a SSF4 VEteran LOL, LITERALLY BEAT MY ASS ON SSF4, I stole my brothers Game of his life and placed it in my 3DS, and gave my mom his, and we went on download play and she freaking PWNED my ass. i was like NO WAY, MY MOM BEAT MY ASS AT 3DS. WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Monkey ball and rayman are ok, i cant wait till LOZ and paper mario, also smb3ds and mario kart,
I hope they make a POkemon 3DS!, and i hope its like POkemon XD gale of darkness or something like that, that would be FRERAKING AMAZINNNGGGISHGIOSHGJKLGJSHGJKLHSJKLGHJKSLHGJKHGSJIZZESOSKFPIOFJISJFKLSJFKLJG(SJ
GJS
yeah, Stuff,
3DS is amazing, the control pad or analog stick is way better then the D-pad. 3d function is ok... for some things, but i seem to not use it much. I use it on cool cutscenes when shit blows up and fallls and stuff. 3ds rocks. kills ngp all thje way.

Tsuchy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hakujintanuki said:
The Streetpass function for the Streetpass Plaza only stores 10 Miis at a time (until you go into the game and play), so if I take my 3DS in to Tokyo with me, I have to empty out the stockpile pretty often.

Needless to say, I've completed every puzzle, and am in the last room of the Tower.

jealous >_< living in a big city.. are ppl coming back to tokyo? i from news last time it was pretty dead quiet in some really populated areas

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been getting StreetPass hits everytime I went out. I'm not gonna get much for a while since uni is finished and all I have is 2 weeks of exams and that won't happen until after a month, and I don't go out that much. Anyway, I've noticed that a lot of people play Street Fighter since I always get 10/10 hits. Also, my best one has to be yesterday, when I got 10/10 for Miis, 7/10 for SF, 3/10 for LEGO SW and 4/10 for Nintendogs. Maybe that's because I went to Oxford Street at lunch. I went to places where "3DS players" are likely to hang out: HMV, Game, McDonalds, Apple Store, Subway...

StreetPass is addicting!

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R2DJ said:
I've been getting StreetPass hits everytime I went out. I'm not gonna get much for a while since uni is finished and all I have is 2 weeks of exams and that won't happen until after a month, and I don't go out that much. Anyway, I've noticed that a lot of people play Street Fighter since I always get 10/10 hits. Also, my best one has to be yesterday, when I got 10/10 for Miis, 7/10 for SF, 3/10 for LEGO SW and 4/10 for Nintendogs. Maybe that's because I went to Oxford Street at lunch. I went to places where "3DS players" are likely to hang out: HMV, Game, McDonalds, Apple Store, Subway...

StreetPass is addicting!
Yesh its really fun to use, i currently have 3 hits

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
Another World said:
I walked to the store to buy groceries the other day. The round trip is about 5 miles. When I got back I got a bit upset at myself, I forgot all about the 3DS step counter!

I took a photo of my Mii jumping off the counter top and my friend’s 5 yr old cousin asked why I was trying to kill my virtual self.

-another world
That's awesome.
biggrin.gif

I have yet to get a successful street pass.
I can't believe Nintendo managed to sell people on the same overhyped feature twice.

The DS does the same thing. Remember the premier at E3 when they had stock photos of people playing their DS in a social setting, and everybody was all excited "Yay! I'm gonna play my DS with complete strangers on campus!" Then they got it and reality finally hit them that just because millions have bought the product doesn't mean any of them live near you, give a damn, or spend their time walking around with a DS in their pocket set to scan mode at the same precise time that you're doing the same.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Argentum Vir said:
Another World said:
I walked to the store to buy groceries the other day. The round trip is about 5 miles. When I got back I got a bit upset at myself, I forgot all about the 3DS step counter!

I took a photo of my Mii jumping off the counter top and my friend’s 5 yr old cousin asked why I was trying to kill my virtual self.

-another world
That's awesome.
biggrin.gif

I have yet to get a successful street pass.
I can't believe Nintendo managed to sell people on the same overhyped feature twice.

The DS does the same thing. Remember the premier at E3 when they had stock photos of people playing their DS in a social setting, and everybody was all excited "Yay! I'm gonna play my DS with complete strangers on campus!" Then they got it and reality finally hit them that just because millions have bought the product doesn't mean any of them live near you, give a damn, or spend their time walking around with a DS in their pocket set to scan mode at the same precise time that you're doing the same.
The DS didn't have the same incentives as the 3DS does. Besides, it's not even close to being the same. The 3DS has dedicated hardware for this. The DS barely had hardware. Z.Z

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great thread. For the time being, I'll have to live vicariously through you guys. But I do hope to have some of my own stories soon (I've been promised a system for my upcoming b-day). In the meantime, I look forward to reading more.
wub.gif

Aleatz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aleatz.blogspot.com
XP
Country
The only person I know with one lives in Melbourne. I ordered a wifi router because I figured if I wanted to take full advantage of any features I would need to eventually.

My boyfriend is doing a thesis on robotics and his project involves using 3D for a welding robot. I gave him the 3DS to look at, since he wanted to figure out how it worked without the glasses. He was in slight awe of it. "It really is 3D! You could drive with this thing!" lol. No thanks.

DrFiishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well my story aint so good...after the first 6 days that is

i noticed there was some kind of weird pixel action going on in the middle of my screen so i thought my be some dust or a stuck pixel...so i tried cleaning it pressing it out etc etc etc..nothing worked.

the next i called up nintendo and they said ye no problem we take it back and send you a new one. so i did, couple days later got a letter in the mail that i had the option to replace the unit (187 euros) or get the damaged one back (wich wasnt my fault to get damaged in the first place)

so i called them up to get some explenation out of this...and all they were saying basicly is "its your fault so you can pay 187 euros or get the damaged one back''...after a whole story and hearing that the helpdesk girl was starting to get pssed off i made it worse...oh yes i did xD.

she said something in the line off "well what we can do is just send it back to you and blablabla'' (it was something in that line)

and then i said

here it comes....."Hmm imagine you would put effort in your work''

ya and that really ticked her off...then she basicly said "you can go f*ck yourself we just send back the damaged one...goodbye sir" and she hang up.

so ye...thats my jolly good story about the 3DS, getting a new one tommorow and hopefully that one whont have the damaged screen thing going on

D

Deleted User

I think mines stuffed. I can't look directly at it without ghosting. I have to look at it from a slight angle to get the effect. At one angle the 3d effect seems to go deep into the screen and at another angle the effect pops right out of the screen. Is this normal? When I look straight at the screen (like you would hold a DS lite) there's hardly any brightness and there is ghosting. No amount of fiddling with the 3d slider fixes it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Saturnplanet5 said:
I think mines stuffed. I can't look directly at it without ghosting. I have to look at it from a slight angle to get the effect. At one angle the 3d effect seems to go deep into the screen and at another angle the effect pops right out of the screen. Is this normal? When I look straight at the screen (like you would hold a DS lite) there's hardly any brightness and there is ghosting. No amount of fiddling with the 3d slider fixes it.

i hold mine slightly off center to the left to get a 3d effect. in the middle where it would be straight to my eyes i see a bit of 3d but also clearly two seperate images.

-another world

DrFiishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another World said:
Saturnplanet5 said:

i hold mine slightly off center to the left to get a 3d effect. in the middle where it would be straight to my eyes i see a bit of 3d but also clearly two seperate images.

-another world
ye i ahd the same...i just took the slider down and it was gone and the 3D was perfect

Slasher Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Well my 3DS story gos like this i was waiting for the release on the Nintendo website countdown till it reached 0hours 7mins later when i
checked it said 3DS available NOW and then I'm like
yay.gif
grog.gif
but in were i live in the Middle East most releases are
late . So on March 27 in the morning i asked my friend is the 3DS released here and hes like yeah for 1500 SAR which is 399 US dollars
and I'm like FUCK shit i don't have enough later on ... the next day i checked on the retailer shop i usually go to he told me they don't
have it . Came back the next day they had it for 1249 SAR which is 333 US dollars so i bought it with Ray Man 3D and i was the first
in the shop to buy it :
smile.gif
: After 5 days then I got Ridge Racer 3D.

NO ONE IS GONNA READ THIS I BET I JUST WASTED 10 MINS WRITING THIS CRAP .

so far I've had my 3DS for 12 days Friend Code : 2707 - 1621 - 9231 .

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Pilotwings :
Pros :
Great gameplay, Pilotwings 64 afficionados will like it.
Nice challenge, free flight mode adds length to the game
3D looks good. Especially with rocketbelt
Squirrel suit
Cons :
Only one Island. I was hoping for an island as great as Little United States...
Wuhu Island. Although I didn't play Wii Sports Resort, I can understand the frustration of a lot of people.
No multi, no wifi, no street pass
"Childish"/"Mii" look of the game. Might not appeal to everybody
Squirrel suit only in mission mode

PES 2011
Pros :
Great look, great faces modelation
Gameplay is ok
Cons :
No license for some club names (English clubs, particularly)
French team is the world cup one... They didn't pay much attention to the changes.
Gameplay is a wee bit too arcade
3DS is too small, my hands hurt after a few games... These triggers are damn small
Laggy when players are in closeup...
Commentaries are completely absurd, most of the time
Only 3 modes ! Exhibition, Champions league, master league...
Can't see the stamina of the players when in pause menu. You can't know which ones are tired

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I seem to be having a great time with my 3DS. I don't play it for huge amounts of times, so while I've heard people having headaches, I haven't had anything bad happen to me yet. I've got two games, Rayman and Pilot Resort, and both seem to work great! I play Rayman way more then Pilot Resort though. As for all the extra features - I don't care for them, and don't use them. I'm in it for the games, and the games are awesome.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
MasterPenguin said:
I seem to be having a great time with my 3DS. I don't play it for huge amounts of times, so while I've heard people having headaches, I haven't had anything bad happen to me yet. I've got two games, Rayman and Pilot Resort, and both seem to work great! I play Rayman way more then Pilot Resort though. As for all the extra features - I don't care for them, and don't use them. I'm in it for the games, and the games are awesome.

Oh yes. About headache and stuff : I just had a twitching eye for a couple of days after I got the 3DS, but it might be coming from my lack of sleep. And I never have big headaches or eye pain when I play. I have 3d enabled most of the time

Kayday

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Love my 3DS. No issues at all with the 3D. I believe it's being blown out of proportion. Everyone I've shown it to have no issues. Own SSF4 and Ghost Recon. Waiting for OOT. I just hope they include master quest or Majora Mask or both. Please be both.

K

Kurisuellegarden

I haven't had any problem with viewing the 3DS's 3D with the Slider on any of the levels.

Just move it around until you find the sweet spot on the system, once you find it, it's easy to get used to and find it each time.

If you can't find it, the 3D may not work for you. If your eyes have any issues such as a lazy eye (even slight) or has issues crossing together right for depth perception, pretty much most eye problems have a chance of eliminating the 3DS's effect. Just thought I'd throw that out there, it's not the 3DS, it's you. That's the thing that also sucks about this technology and ingenious since it mimics a natural eye process of depth perception.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I get the 3D effect best in most positions and angles with the Intensity at 50%. I have no online games as of yet and there aren't any I'm planning to buy this Summer either so no FC from me until Mario Kart 3DS or Chocobo Racing 3D comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Now 12%