Hardware 3DS Circle Pad Peeling Off..

D

Deleted-236924

There is a scratch on my Circle pad, but it's my own fault because I was messing around with the Circle pad while playing a DS game while on the computer.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I thought scratches on the circle pad meant you were digging your nails into it while playing. Also I remember seeing Cyber Gadgets having customable analog grips for the 3DS. I would like to buy one but I'm afraid I can't read Japanese.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never seen a scratched circlepad before, how does one look like.
Can anyone take a picture?
How did it happen? Did you play with your thumbnail or...? :wtf:

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought scratches on the circle pad meant you were digging your nails into it while playing. Also I remember seeing Cyber Gadgets having customable analog grips for the 3DS. I would like to buy one but I'm afraid I can't read Japanese.
Google chrome was made for a reason :3

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Google chrome was made for a reason :3

Unfortunately they only sell in Japan (meh!). Ngawww I want a grip cover for the 3ds analog lol

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Seen a topic about this over at GameFAQs on the 3DS board, the person who's having this issue and has made the thread there has given me permission to use his image. What do you guys think when you see this? Makes me feel really bad about getting a 3DS so early honestly..This is just piss poor build quality..

xfqlR.jpg
>Makes me feel really bad about getting a 3DS so early honestly
If I own the same TV as you, and I smash my TV, will you regret your purchase?

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No wonder it's peeling off, do you see that claw he has on his finger? Is it that long to help facilitate the evacuation of nose nuggets?

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's the same problem as the GC controllers... some people have the control stick pads come off, others don't touch their GC after they play it once.

I've owned Gamcube controllers for years and used them for years and I've never had issues. They're actually in excellent conditions.

And honestly, this seems like a one-off problem. In fact, they only thing I've heard bad about the build quality which is the screen scratching issue. Inexcusable? Certainly. But overall the system is rather well built it seems. Only time will tell but but I don't see it crumbling in your hands like a cheap Chinese knock off.

Reactions: 1 person

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's the same problem as the GC controllers... some people have the control stick pads come off, others don't touch their GC after they play it once.

never heard of issues with gamecube pads....are you thinking of the n64 analogue sticks? those over the years have gone to shit due to the plastic they was made from after a certain amount of use

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone or has anyone seen something that is like the cyber gadget analog grip for the 3ds? Damn Yesasia sold out already...
tumblr_lotmloWK2e1qzp9weo2_500.jpg

EDIT: Yes I'm finally getting one of these woo.. all that hard work searching google rofl

Reactions: 2 people

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone or has anyone seen something that is like the cyber gadget analog grip for the 3ds? Damn Yesasia sold out already...
EDIT: Yes I'm finally getting one of these woo.. all that hard work searching google rofl
Do you mind to send me one that you will not use by mail please ?? :D

Pip'

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you mind to send me one that you will not use by mail please ?? :D

Pip'

Haha the best I can give is the link to where I got it from. http://www.amiami.com/ and search 3DS slide pad cover.
My opinion about it is that its great grip to use but never close your 3DS with it on as it sticks out a lot and leaves a mark on your screen. I dont believe you take off the original to put the covers on as when you apply the grip, it kinda clicks on top of it in a way.

paulfalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol... I hate to admit it but, I wore out my slide pad cover, too. (I didn't pull it off like this dork did.) I was playing too much Street Fighter at the time, I guess. XD

I was hoping nintendo would sell the extra parts but, couldn't find anything on it. Then again, the slide pad thing still works like a champ with out it.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Wow, didn't know they made those.
Thanks for that, I'm going to pick one of those up. :D

No problems. It's on back order at the moment last time I've checked. I reckon once the West find out more about these things it may produce more. I only found this out as I like to keep my 3DS as customisable haha Good luck!

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

No problems. It's on back order at the moment last time I've checked. I reckon once the West find out more about these things it may produce more. I only found this out as I like to keep my 3DS as customisable haha Good luck!
I wanted to order the white ones, they'd look awesome on my black 3ds. D=
Does anyone know the average shipping price for those things? =S

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I wanted to order the white ones, they'd look awesome on my black 3ds. D=
Does anyone know the average shipping price for those things? =S

When I bought it they save the order for you. Once they figure out the shipping themselves they will email you the total price plus shipping. My shipping was roughly $14 in AUD with EMS. Probably best if you try to calculate using EMS site or something.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When I bought it they save the order for you. Once they figure out the shipping themselves they will email you the total price plus shipping. My shipping was roughly $14 in AUD with EMS. Probably best if you try to calculate using EMS site or something.
That's way more expensive than the thingy itself tho. >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/AkzulQxOgQs?si=UIe4puLCp7NoP3r7 seldom gbatemp shoutout +1