epistaxis said:
m3rox said:
jackson879 said:
yaynds.gif
If they brick my 3DS I will never buy from them ever again
hate2.gif

Ahem... IT WAS A RUMOR.

k?

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't. Nintendo could pull a MS and wait for a big event to start the banning or bricking. I personally think Ninty will start fucking with us when the 3DS inevitably gets cracked and 3DS roms are playable.

That is exactly what i was trying to say. Thank you for understanding. That is the most likely thing Nintendo would do. Wait for a HUGE game tournament and or game release and then send out the update that will screw all and any hackers over. Nintendo can and will crack the whip to get rid of hackers in and way possbile.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Caped Wanderer said:
epistaxis said:
m3rox said:
jackson879 said:
yaynds.gif
hate2.gif

Ahem... IT WAS A RUMOR.

k?

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't. Nintendo could pull a MS and wait for a big event to start the banning or bricking. I personally think Ninty will start fucking with us when the 3DS inevitably gets cracked and 3DS roms are playable.

That is exactly what i was trying to say. Thank you for understanding. That is the most likely thing Nintendo would do. Wait for a HUGE game tournament and or game release and then send out the update that will screw all and any hackers over. Nintendo can and will crack the whip to get rid of hackers in and way possbile.
You do realize that the majority of people who would be affected aren't hackers but innocents, correct?

As I said, read the first 2 posts of the thread.

The Caped Wander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
The Caped Wanderer said:
machomuu said:
I stopped reading a little early to tell you that we already know that they can, but they won't.
Dude...they all Nintendo has to do is send out an update and that will be the end of any hackers 3DS. They can and i they most likely will brick any hackers 3DS. This is no longer a "scare factor" it is a reality.
Read the first 2 posts of the thread, I know that they can, but it's very, very unlikely.

Dude! Open you eyes. I can't believe you are not seeing reality. The first post may say that, but with Nintendo losing a good chuck of money from piracy and such things. They will and are going to bring down the brick hammer. I can't believe that you think that, and from what i can tell....i have more prof and information available to show that Nintendo will be making updates that will be bricking all the hackers 3DS

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
I think it's bullshit. They're just doing that to scare children away from using flashcarts. And it really only works with children since children are gullible enough to believe whatever adults say.

If they do it, they can get sued for destroying your 3DS as it is a good and not a service. And would you buy anything more from Nintendo after they destroyed your device? I wouldn't. They'd just shoot themselves in the foot by doing that.

Now, banning hacked 3DS's from their update/3DSWare/whatever servers is something they could do (hi Micro$oft). But the hackers will eventually find ways around Nintendo's security measures
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Caped Wanderer said:
machomuu said:
The Caped Wanderer said:
machomuu said:
I stopped reading a little early to tell you that we already know that they can, but they won't.
Dude...they all Nintendo has to do is send out an update and that will be the end of any hackers 3DS. They can and i they most likely will brick any hackers 3DS. This is no longer a "scare factor" it is a reality.
Read the first 2 posts of the thread, I know that they can, but it's very, very unlikely.

Dude! Open you eyes. I can't believe you are not seeing reality. The first post may say that, but with Nintendo losing a good chuck of money from piracy and such things. They will and are going to bring down the brick hammer. I can't believe that you think that, and from what i can tell....i have more prof and information available to show that Nintendo will be making updates that will be bricking all the hackers 3DS
As I said, most of the people who are affected would be innocent people, not hackers. That's reality.

The Caped Wander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
The Caped Wanderer said:
epistaxis said:
m3rox said:
jackson879 said:
yaynds.gif
hate2.gif

Ahem... IT WAS A RUMOR.

k?

You do realize that the majority of people who would be affected aren't hackers but innocents, correct?

Innocents? What are you talking about? Anyone who chooses to use any type of Flash Card or game backups are NOT innocent. That had a choice to ether use the card of not. And if they choose to use a flash card the are then classified as a hacker.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Caped Wanderer said:
machomuu said:
The Caped Wanderer said:
epistaxis said:
m3rox said:
jackson879 said:
yaynds.gif
hate2.gif

Ahem... IT WAS A RUMOR.

k?

Innocents? What are you talking about? Anyone who chooses to use any type of Flash Card or game backups are NOT innocent. That had a choice to ether use the card of not. And if they choose to use a flash card the are then classified as a hacker.
Not at all. Hacker =/= flashcart user.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
The Caped Wanderer said:
And if they choose to use a flash card the are then classified as a hacker.
Where does that bullshit come from? It all depends on how you use the flashcart. In my case, I mainly use it to play games of which I have bought a cartridge, and homebrew. Now, some guy I know in real life just uses it to get games for free, and I don't like that.

The Caped Wander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
The Caped Wanderer said:
machomuu said:
The Caped Wanderer said:
epistaxis said:
m3rox said:
jackson879 said:
yaynds.gif
hate2.gif

Ahem... IT WAS A RUMOR.

k?

Umm....wow....I JUST said that. Anyone who uses a Flashcard or alters or modifies their Nintendo 3DS will be automatically be considered at hacker. This who choose not to use such things are the innocent users. And thus will not be affected. You are not thinking before typing. You are saying that innocent users will be affected. That is incorrect and not true. If one chooses to use a Flashcard or alters or modifies their Nintendo 3DS are then from there on (in Nintendo's terms) be considered a hacker. Those who choose not to use Flashcards or alter or modifies their Nintendo 3DS are who are innocent.

By the way...here is the definition of innocent:
Not guilty of a specific crime or offense; legally blameless

That is what being innocent means. Those who are hackers are not innocent and those who are not being hackers ARE innocent.

The Caped Wander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega-Mario said:
The Caped Wanderer said:
And if they choose to use a flash card the are then classified as a hacker.
Where does that bullshit come from? It all depends on how you use the flashcart. In my case, I mainly use it to play games of which I have bought a cartridge, and homebrew. Now, some guy I know in real life just uses it to get games for free, and I don't like that.

To tell you the truth, once you use a flash card (not matter the reason or purpose) you are being and taking the title of "hacker" on. Because you are altering or modifying what was not supposed to be altered or modified.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Caped Wanderer said:
machomuu said:
The Caped Wanderer said:
machomuu said:
The Caped Wanderer said:
epistaxis said:
m3rox said:
jackson879 said:
yaynds.gif
hate2.gif

Ahem... IT WAS A RUMOR.

k?

Umm....wow....I JUST said that. Anyone who uses a Flashcard or alters or modifies their Nintendo 3DS will be automatically be considered at hacker. This who choose not to use such things are the innocent users. And thus will not be affected. You are not thinking before typing. You are saying that innocent users will be affected. That is incorrect and not true. If one chooses to use a Flashcard or alters or modifies their Nintendo 3DS are then from there on (in Nintendo's terms) be considered a hacker. Those who choose not to use Flashcards or alter or modifies their Nintendo 3DS are who are innocent.

That is what being innocent means. Those who are hackers are not innocent and those who are not being hackers ARE innocent.
No, that's the opposite of what you said. =/= means "is not equal to".

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
According to your definition of 'innocent', the use of a flashcart isn't non-innocent. However, using it to pirate commercial games is.

Also, there is a way Nintendo's measures could affect 'innocent' users, for example if the 3DS fails to read the cart properly due to dust or bad contact, and the security thinks it's a pirated cart...

The Caped Wander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
The Caped Wanderer said:
machomuu said:
The Caped Wanderer said:
machomuu said:
The Caped Wanderer said:
epistaxis said:
m3rox said:
jackson879 said:
yaynds.gif
hate2.gif

Ahem... IT WAS A RUMOR.

k?

No, that's the opposite of what you said. =/= means "is not equal to".

Now you are just rambling on to make sure that you will win the debate and that will not work. Please make more since next time you post.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega-Mario said:
According to your definition of 'innocent', the use of a flashcart isn't non-innocent. However, using it to pirate commercial games is.

Also, there is a way Nintendo's measures could affect 'innocent' users, for example if the 3DS fails to read the cart properly due to dust or bad contact, and the security thinks it's a pirated cart...
Exactly, if they bricked all 3DS' that ever used flashcarts, then that means if you had one in you're 3DS, pirate or otherwise, or even against your will, doesn't matter, you get a paperweight.

The Caped Wander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Mega-Mario said:

Exactly, if they bricked all 3DS' that ever used flashcarts, then that means if you had one in you're 3DS, pirate or otherwise, or even against your will, doesn't matter, you get a paperweight.

Wow...Why would you say "Against you own will" You as the user and owner of the Nintendo 3DS that you bought (or got as a present) have the will power and right to make the choice to use or not use a Flash card. So you "Against you own will" has not become pointless. You might want to check you information BEFORE you post it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Caped Wanderer said:
machomuu said:
Mega-Mario said:

Wow...Why would you say "Against you own will" You as the user and owner of the Nintendo 3DS that you bought (or got as a present) have the will power and right to make the choice to use or not use a Flash card. So you "Against you own will" has not become pointless. You might want to check you information BEFORE you post it.
It's very simple, say someone sees your 3DS and wants to play it, they just put they're flashcart in and it's brick ready. It's not uncommon. Also, quit it with the attitude, you're arguments haven't been tat great so far, albeit long.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are you all still talking about this? They will not disable your device. A ban might not be out of the question but that's fully within their rights.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
why are you all still talking about this? They will not disable your device. A ban might not be out of the question but that's fully within their rights.
I dunno, it got revived for some reason. I really think we should lock it, it's falling prey to circular arguments.

The Caped Wander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Old8oy said:
I dunno, it got revived for some reason. I really think we should lock it, it's falling prey to circular arguments.

Just wanted to say that my original post was NOT meant to start or spark a argument. I only wanted to warn people about what could and will most likely happen. I was not the one that chose to contradict that. My original intention was to help people understand what is to come.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!