3ds bricked functions

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Potato hoarder, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Potato hoarder
    OP

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Hi gbatemp,

It has been a very long time since I've hacked my 3ds but I have never remembered these features working and was wondering if anyone had any insight.

Whenever I try to access my friends list, miiverse or the activity log, my 3ds hangs on the loading screen.
    Pictures

Some things to note,
    I am not banned and have never been banned. When I am using activity log, I can press the home button and exit out while the other two require me to hold the power button. Game notes, notifications and the Internet browser are unaffected. I also have a nand backup.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    bricked 3DS can't boot, so your is not bricked, just somehow "broken". But no idea how to help you

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Jun 5, 2017
  3. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    What"s the System Version of your console?

4. Potato hoarder
    OP

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    I know it isn't bricked, that's why I said some of it's functions are bricked.
    Its the most recent firmware

5. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    For the activity log: Just wait, it will load after a while. It needs to build up the database and this takes time. After around 1-2 hours it should be finished and work again.

bakageta and Potato hoarder like this.
  6. JPnintendo

JPnintendo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2009
    Argentina
    Backup your saves (with JKSM for example) and perform a system format. A lot of friends had that problem and solved it with sysformat.

7. Potato hoarder
    OP

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Didn't expect this to work. Left my 3ds on in the activity log application over night. Woke up and everything is working perfectly, thanks!