3DS Brick?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by PaiiNSteven, Jun 25, 2016.

1. PaiiNSteven
    OP

PaiiNSteven Newbie

Pretty sure i've made a thread in the past with that exact title.
    So one day I decided to turn on my 3DS, however it didnt boot. I tried opening the luma menu and it booted into that. I tried booting into the 3DS home menu from the Luma menu, but the screen just went black and stayed black (and i dont mean the color black, i mean like turned off black.)

I also managed to boot into Decrypt9 and GodMode9. Luckily I know that A9LH isnt itself broken. I havent been messing with my nand for the past few months and just wanted to play a GBA game. ;-; Help/Solution? I dont have a (recent) nand backup.

EDIT: My a9lh build is the first version (un-updated). Also thought about installing ShadowNAND on top of my a9lh build... would that even do anything?

2. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Try restoring your old NAND backup with the keep A9LH option. Make a backup of the current state before!

3. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Youre gonna have to use the none recent one.

4. Swiftloke
    This message by Swiftloke has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Jun 26, 2016.
    Jun 25, 2016
  5. PaiiNSteven
    OP

PaiiNSteven Newbie

Well that sucks. Atleast my 3DS isnt *completely* fucked.

6. TheKingy34

TheKingy34 A Pretty Shitty Ghost.

Feb 21, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    What CFW are you using?

7. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Well if he makes a backup of his current one and then gets a functioning nand backup couldnt he bring the new bricked nand bootable or nah?

8. nero99
    This message by nero99 has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Jun 26, 2016.
    Jun 25, 2016
  9. PaiiNSteven
    OP

PaiiNSteven Newbie

Luma. I've also tried SaltFW and corbenik.