3DS Boot Problems

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DestructiveSword, Jan 22, 2017.

1. DestructiveSword
    OP

DestructiveSword Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    United States
    I installed A9LH and luma3ds about a week ago and yesterday, my 3DS wouldn't boot into luma3ds. I still could go into the configuration. Then I realized my 3DS would only boot into luma3ds if I held down L and R while booting. Someone please help me turn on my 3DS without the L and R keys.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention, yesterday, I installed a luma3ds hourly instead of a normal version.

EDIT: I fixed it by going into the config, enabling a setting which is not dangerous (the GBA boot screen option) and it booted. Then all I had to do was install the latest version of luma3ds. (not the hourly)

Last edited by DestructiveSword, Jan 23, 2017
  2. dotqurter_

dotqurter_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    Hold "start" to access your Luma config, then enable "autoboot to sysNAND, use sysNAND FIRM if booting with R, and Show NAND or user string in System Settings.

3. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    *Hold Select

Ricken likes this.
  4. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    AS they said.
    Also you can pull the sd card and go to the luma folder and delete the config file. i think its config.bin

Also dont load nightly its not worth it, Stay to the stable builds.

5. DestructiveSword
    OP

DestructiveSword Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    United States
    I did everything you guys said except deleting the config file. It still didn't work. For some reason, it was booting earlier but now it won't boot again.