3DS ambassador program

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Game_Master001, Oct 9, 2011.

Oct 9, 2011

3DS ambassador program by Game_Master001 at 2:26 AM (1,484 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Game_Master001
    OP

Newcomer Game_Master001 Member

Netherlands
    Hello,

My sister has a 3DS that's eligible for the ambassador program, and she got it automatically. I have a 3DS of beyond the program's time and therefore I'm obviously not in.

But I'm now wondering: what if I'd register my system on that smbassador program site with my sister's friend code? Would that work? And I mean completely, not that she'd lose her ambassador status and I get it. If we still had the receipt I'd of course use that simply, but that's not the case.

2. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    I doubt it. She wouldn't loose hers, but you wouldn't get it either.

3. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Since when has friend codes got to do with ambassadorship? It uses the 3DS serial number, not friend codes.

4. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    You can't register it like that. You had to have connected to the eShop before Aug. 12, i think.

5. felixsrg

Member felixsrg 3DS Rulz

Colombia
    You won't get the ambassador program in your 3DS by registering your sister's 3DS friend code in that page (I think that what you register is the code of the console, and that means the code of your sister's 3DS)

BTW, the ambassador 3DSs are already chosen and are the ones that got in the e-shop before August 11th, nothing will change that.

6. Game_Master001
    OP

Newcomer Game_Master001 Member

Netherlands
    Yes, there are sites where you can still apply for the ambassador program. First you need to enter your 3DS's serial number, and then you have to give some proof of purchase (2 options: friend code, or a scan of the receipt). It seems to me that if your serial number's rejected, you wouldn't get to page where you need to supply proof. Likewise, it seems to me you wouldn't need to send in proof if your serial number already is. My 3DS is also the regular black one, so it could be one that was already in the store before the price cut.

By the way, I live in Europe. I just read that the action ended everywhere except in Europe.

7. Pak

Newcomer Pak Member

United States
    Hi, do you know if is it possibile to enter in the ambassador program using an old acqua blue receipt with a new 3DS white console? Is there any check on the serial of the console before the registration? My serial starts with CEL

8. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    If you:
    1. Download ambassador program certificate on your sisters 3DS.
    2. Do a system transfer (warning your sister will lose EVERYTHING on her 3DS if this is done) to your 3DS

Then you've got your sisters ambassador program. However, remember that you'll lose EVERYTHiNG on the source 3DS and everything is combined to the target 3DS. Let's say you payed for a game on both 3DS:s. Then you'll lose one of these and everything is placed on the target system.
    I bought for example Zelda DX on both my 3DSs before I did my System Transfer. So I lost alittle money there. Not much, but it's still a loss of money, which sucks. I didn't know about the system transfer at the time when I just got my second 3DS.