Hacking 3DS 6.3 Exploit Found

mat128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why give up a real chance to CFW, Video Player without time limit ? Hum... watch out ! what they want is : force us to upgrade the system to 6.x or 7.x and to exorcise the 'phanton' of piracy once and for all

smealum isn't destroying your 4.5 3DS, some other hackers can get to work on a CFW while can work on his homebrew loader for 6.3-7.X

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Then how is it possible to port this 6.3 exploit to 7.0?
There are two exploits: MSet Haxx (which is the "entry point" for the hackers and it's in the DS Username settings) and the real User Mode/ Kernel Mode exploit which allows us to get more rights. We can use a savegame exploit etc. instead of MSet Haxx.

Rajveer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That is so true, back in the day (SNES, PSX, Dreamcast generations) people freely released just about everything. The PSX homebrew community was huge, as was the Dreamcast, because people shared anything they found.

Must've been a different time back then. I can't remember wanting to hold on to information, and I was excited to release whatever I could. I'm quite proud that my contributions led to a homebrew scene on the Genesis, SMS/Game Gear, Saturn, Neo Geo, and CDi (still waiting for that one to take off).

Then again, that's what I saw. The SNES scene started with a few people releasing stuff, same with the Gameboy scene.

It WAS a different time back then, those consoles didn't have firmware updates that could block exploits. That's why things can't be as open as they used to be.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
View attachment 7235

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/nitpicking

I hardly think that the limitations of SSSpwn are anything but small but not to devalue the achievement that homebrew enabling is.
ok so highlighting "problems" that are beyond smealums control, then trying to imply they are because of smealum.....yeah this exploit does seem to conveniently fit in with smealums ethics/morals pretty conveniently:ha: , but really the negatives are null and void on the grounds that without this exploit there would be zero homebrew past 4.x anyway....so despite its limitations compared to current 4.x exploit this development is 100% positive

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so highlighting "problems" that are beyond smealums control, then trying to imply they are because of smealum.....yeah this exploit does seem to conveniently fit in with smealums ethics/morals pretty conveniently:ha: , but really the negatives are null and void on the grounds that without this exploit there would be zero homebrew past 4.x anyway....so despite its limitations compared to current 4.x exploit this development is 100% positive

Those are not "problems". They are problems. They are very real and not mythical and not insignificant at all. Your quotes are misplaced.

What? Implying that it's smea's fault? Where on earth did you get that. It's a problem with SSSpwn. Its not a problem with smea.

Yes. I agree. SSSpwn on 6.x and 7.x and 8.x is a 101% positive development but with severe limitations (primarily no ARM9 code execution)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Those are not "problems". They are problems. They are very real and not mythical and not insignificant at all. Your quotes are misplaced.

What? Implying that it's smea's fault? Where on earth did you get that. It's a problem with SSSpwn. Its not a problem with smea.

Yes. I agree. SSSpwn on 6.x and 7.x and 8.x is a 101% positive development but with severe limitations (primarily no ARM9 code execution)
can we end this now?

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
can we end this now?

Sure! Just don't false imply what I'm trying to imply.

I'm sure this new exploit is not good

No. This exploit is fantastic. Why? It significantly increases the homebrew target 3dses. It pretty much covers all the 3dses that are in store right now. Anyone can waltz right in and get a 3ds and have homebrew running on it. ARM11 homebrew that is. Best part is that there are so many 6.x boxed sets around. The retailers can't be forced to update to latest version before seller as those goods would then be unsealed.

But yeah. this exploit is fantastic news coupled with SSSpwn which allows you to run ARM11 code homebrew. All it doesn't allow is ARM9 code which I presume is everything else other than homebrew (still really can't get a list of other stuff based on ARM9 at the moment)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Sure! Just don't false imply what I'm trying to imply.

No. This exploit is fantastic. Why? It significantly increases the homebrew target 3dses. It pretty much covers all the 3dses that are in store right now. Anyone can waltz right in and get a 3ds and have homebrew running on it. ARM11 homebrew that is. Best part is that there are so many 6.x boxed sets around. The retailers can't be forced to update to latest version before seller as those goods would then be unsealed.

But yeah. this exploit is fantastic news coupled with SSSpwn which allows you to run ARM11 code homebrew. All it doesn't allow is ARM9 code which I presume is everything else other than homebrew (still really can't get a list of other stuff based on ARM9 at the moment)
Arm9 is really only used for the security aspect, arm11 is where you want to be running your homebrew...granted "some" homebrew may benefit from having extra access to more secure regions of the 3ds.....but most normal homebrew including emulators etc should work fine in user mode afaik

we will just have to wait and see what the "real" limitations are as right now its just people guessing

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Arm9 is really only used for the security aspect, arm11 is where you want to be running your homebrew...granted "some" homebrew may benefit from having extra access to more secure regions of the 3ds.....but most normal homebrew including emulators etc should work fine in user mode afaik

we will just have to wait and see what the "real" limitations are as right now its just people guessing

I agree with the real limitations bit which is why after a discussion with foxi a couple of pages up, I stopped mentioning the list of possible limitations.

All we know for a fact is that SSSpwn which is the stage 2 component of the 6.x exploit does not allow for ARM9 code execution.

And all I have found about arm9 code execution so far is http://projectpokemon.org/news.php?article=140

gained ARM9 code execution on the 3DS. From there, he worked to open, read, and write files on the ARM9, which is the security CPU on the 3DS. Since it's the security CPU, it has access to almost everything on the 3DS, including all 128MB of the FCRAM

And gaining ARM9 access sounds amazing similar to gaining kernel access which allows for the other fantastical stuff to work.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I agree with the real limitations bit which is why after a discussion with foxi a couple of pages up, I stopped mentioning the list of possible limitations.

All we know for a fact is that SSSpwn which is the stage 2 component of the 6.x exploit does not allow for ARM9 code execution.

And all I have found about arm9 code execution so far is http://projectpokemon.org/news.php?article=140

And gaining ARM9 access sounds amazing similar to gaining kernel access which allows for the other fantastical stuff to work.
yeah i haven't said that arm9 wouldn't be good to have, just that if we can't its not the end of the world hombrew still has all the same resources available to it as any full blown retail game.....it just cant access absolutely everything

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i haven't said that arm9 wouldn't be good to have, just that if we can't its not the end of the world hombrew still has all the same resources available to it as any full blown retail game.....it just cant access absolutely everything

Yeap. It's not the end to the homebrew scene. If we can't have arm9 it just means all we have is homebrew, kinda like an alternative eshop.

Reactions: gamesquest1

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But yeah. this exploit is fantastic news coupled with SSSpwn which allows you to run ARM11 code homebrew. All it doesn't allow is ARM9 code which I presume is everything else other than homebrew (still really can't get a list of other stuff based on ARM9 at the moment)[/quote]

AMR11 homebrew >>>>>>>>> AMR9 homebrew, isn't it ? what are you complaining about ?

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No. This exploit is fantastic.

AMR11 homebrew >>>>>>>>> AMR9 homebrew, isn't it ? what are you complaining about ?

Ninja'd you.

Also. ARM9 allows the creation of lower level apps. ARM11 allows you to create everything that current games can do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii