Homebrew 3DS 3D Slider doesn't work

Rioluwott

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i got one of the 3ds i thought it was long dead working again by changing the battery(it got wet like a year ago)
i got everything set up with the least hacks and everything but the 3d slider doesn't work and displays 3d all the time i know you can use parental control to disable the 3d features but every time i pick a game it ask me if i want it to boot in 3d or 2d and that is kind of annoying also every time i want it change things like the wifi setup or play some games it ask me for the pin even though i only blocked the 3D
Is there any homebrew solution for this?
or any way to edit the nand to disable the 3D?
or maybe im using the parental control wrong?
or something 2DS related?
And by solution i mean disabling the 3D completely

i hope someone knows anything about this
old 3ds using luma 9.0 by the way

Last edited by Rioluwott,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling @SirNapkin1334 if this pique your interesting in maybe fixing your 3DS with 3D stuck, too.

@Rioluwott , is this happening on an Old 3DS (original size) or Old 3DS XL? Replace the flex cable that contains your 3D slider switch. Those switches work by variable resistors. Water damage probably forced it to set on max.

[ifixit] Nintendo 3DS Speaker Assembly Replacement

gffdhHMkZ2kNkUMO.large

[aliexpress] New 3D adjustment slider camera LED Flex Cable for Nintendo 3DS CTR-001

HTB171B.OFXXXXcmXpXXq6xXFXXXB.jpg

[ifixit] Nintendo 3DS XL Upper LCD Display Replacement

SpYZHGTtEkCDUw2m.huge

[aliexpress] NEW REPLACEMENT 3D SLIDER POWER SPEAKER FLEX RIBBON FOR NINTENDO 3DS XL

NEW-REPLACEMENT-3D-SLIDER-POWER-SPEAKER-FLEX-RIBBON-FOR-NINTENDO-3DS-XL.jpg_640x640.jpg

Rioluwott

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Its an Old 3DS with original size
i may have to bring it to someone who knows about these things if there is no software related solution
a fun thing its that yesterday i bought another 3DS to replace this 3DS that got wet and i just opened it because i wanted too see what i could get for the new one since they are the same color and size

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine has the same issue. Odd thing is, I completely tore it down and looked at the ribbon cable - no sign of damage. What’s really weird though is that the 3D slider actually appeared to be placed in upside-down in the slot, rotating it made it fit better. Thanks for alerting me Turd.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt