Homebrew 3DO emulator?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just wondering did anyone ever attemped to port one of the 3DO emulators to the wii?
Anyone knows if any of this emulators would be portable possibly? like opensource and coded in C?

this are the emulators i found existing
3DOPlay
FreeDO
4DO

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
There's a libretro port of 4DO https://github.com/libretro/4do-libretro
Doesn't run on Wii but according to http://www.libretro.com/index.php/in-the-run-up-to-retroarch-1-1-whats-new-pt-2/
It's still being worked on and will probably be supported in the future.
See where it says: "– Make it big-endian compatible so that it can run on big-endian consoles and old PowerPC Macs." Whether they target Wii or not it should still work then, but I would not expect it to run full speed especially on the 3D games.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there was a bit more enthusiasm in the RetroArch community for working on their fork of 4DO, maybe we'd have some good news for you. It just seems unlikely that proper 3DO emulation will ever come to the Wii. I think you can understand why it was never a priority.

Ericsonanzois

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If there was a bit more enthusiasm in the RetroArch community for working on their fork of 4DO, maybe we'd have some good news for you. It just seems unlikely that proper 3DO emulation will ever come to the Wii. I think you can understand why it was never a priority.
I understand your point but who knows? Never say "never".

Last edited by Ericsonanzois,
D

Deleted User

It´s more likely we get an 3DO emulator on the Nintendo Switch than the Nintendo Wii these days.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It would be pretty cool if it happened. Takes a really good enthusiast to get there, though. A bounty could also spice things up, money talks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it