ROM Hack 3DNUS

D

Deleted User

I'm probably to stupid but I can't get the bigbluemenu installed. I have put the .3ds file onto my micro sd card and the other one on my normal sd card. When i access the Mt card and select bigbluemenu.3ds and go back to Mt card mode nothing happens...
Maybe Mt card can't do homebrew.. You can install .cia files with rxTools. I'll tell you how to do it.

install Python 2.6 https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/
install HxD Hex Editor (google is your friend)
download rxTools 2.6 from rxtools.net.

Go to Tools folder in rxtools v2.6.zip and run cdn_firm.py to get firmware.bin that you need to put on your 3DS SD card.

You also need to put slot0x25keyx.bin on your SD card. Search for 3DS 7.x key (if you don't find it, PM me). It's a code with 32 numbers and letters. Make a new file with HxD Hex Editor and type in the key. Save it as slot0x25keyx.bin on your SD card.

Go back and go inside the fbi_injection folder. Pick eur and then v2050 and copy the files inside to your SD card.

Then the last file is the rxTools.dat in the root of the .zip file. Copy it to the SD card then you can take it out and put it in your sd card again.

To launch rxTools, go to launch.rxtools.net with your 3ds. It will first fix the rest of the files on the SD card for you.
When it say Something with Press R to go to settings, do it and you come to a screen where you can change settings. Go to Other Options -> Install FBI over Health&Safety App then press Y to install on EmuNAND.

When you're done, go back to Launch rxMode emuNAND. Go to FBI, press L to Switch Destination to NAND because you're gonna install the .cia files to emuNAND. Press X to install all .cia files.

I tried to explain this in the easiest way possible. Hope you understand it even if you didn't understand differences between black and white mt cart.

Viking1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did everything but I can't launch the RX tools hp... :(
4e52377aebbdab43439fdb28e2d61f56.jpg

I also tried to put the URL in but I got a communication error.

Last edited by Viking1337,
D

Deleted User

I did everything but I can't launch the RX tools hp... :(
4e52377aebbdab43439fdb28e2d61f56.jpg

I also tried to put the URL in but I got a communication error.
You should put it in URL, and did you put firmware.bin, slot0x25keyx.bin and rxtools.bin on your sd card?

Viking1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But I want to upgrade my emunand to 9.4
Do you think this will help me? :)

And what do you mean with put one of these files on your black Mt card?

D

Deleted User

But I want to upgrade my emunand to 9.4
Do you think this will help me? :)

And what do you mean with put one of these files on your black Mt card?
Put the .nds file in the link on your black Mt card so you can do the DS exploit with rxTools. The only way to install the cia files to upgrade emunand to 9.4 is by installing them with rxTools.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mt card can't run homebrew .3ds files from what i know, so the only way to install the 9.4 cias is by using rxTools. You can easily switch back later with the black card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Put the .nds file in the link on your black Mt card so you can do the DS exploit with rxTools. The only way to install the cia files to upgrade emunand to 9.4 is by installing them with rxTools.

Mt card can't run homebrew .3ds files from what i know, so the only way to install the 9.4 cias is by using rxTools. You can easily switch back later with the black card.

D

Deleted User

And which file should I use? There is plenty of them... I know I am a bit annoying. Thank you for your help :)
The 2 .nds are the same thing exept different background. Pick the one with gba at the end for gbatemp logo or the other one for gateway dragon.

Jared96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably been asked before, but would this be safe to use to update the sysNAND on a N3ds XL USA currently on 9.0.0 to 9.2.0? thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1