OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I love this! Good work! How did you start out on this. I would like to be able to make my own homebrew.
Actually I just started making it because I was bored of developing one of my programs on NodeJS.
I think I'm going to learn how to implement some other special functions, because "print" is the only function that I manually added from C++.
I would also enjoy making 3DS (and maybe NDS) homebrew just using JavaScript.

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Good idea. In fact, we could do interpreters of lots of languages, like Python or Java. For that I need to find any C/C++ interpreter for that language. Well, Python's libraries can directly be used from any C or C++ code...

Termer

Fullstack developer
Trophies
Website
termer.net
XP
Country
United States
Good idea. In fact, we could do interpreters of lots of languages, like Python or Java. For that I need to find any C/C++ interpreter for that language. Well, Python's libraries can directly be used from any C or C++ code...
You could use a tool like j2c to convert Java to C, and package that into a bash script, and you can compile Java to a C homebrew in a single command!

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Actually, if j2c works, it would help me a lot. All the tools or engines I've seen need to work under JVM, what means the require Java installed. I'll try it these days. Thank you!

Termer

Fullstack developer
Trophies
Website
termer.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if j2c works, it would help me a lot. All the tools or engines I've seen need to work under JVM, what means the require Java installed. I'll try it these days. Thank you!
I don't know how well it works, I just found it from a web search. But it would be super cool, especially since I write almost primarily in Java these days.

cere_ender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! First of all: thank you for this important release!
Next: which is the potential of this?
Can I use phaser.io with it, for example?

cere_ender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It only supports plain JS and a few extra elements of 3DS system (info at https://github.com/XorTroll/3dJS/blob/master/README.md), but no other libs or elements. I must remember you that this is just a beta version, with just a few features.
yep but i didn't see how call things... or how you set the top or bottom screen. IDK if i explain well

edit: nevermind, i read it, sorry! Keep it up! Nice work!

Edit 2: where must be the file and which name has to be? I'm trying to run it from Citra without success

Last edited by cere_ender,

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
yep but i didn't see how call things... or how you set the top or bottom screen. IDK if i explain well

edit: nevermind, i read it, sorry! Keep it up! Nice work!

Edit 2: where must be the file and which name has to be? I'm trying to run it from Citra without success
Well, Citra doesn't support currently the keyboard 3dJS uses, so basically it doesn't work properly on Citra.

Edit: well, there's a thing you could do: When trying to open the keyboard Citra always gets "Citra" as text, so you could go to the path Citra has the "sdmc" folder (as the SD card), and put your JS code in a file named "Citra", without any extension.

Last edited by XorTroll,

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hey, I have some important news.
3dJS was just a test to see if loading JS code on a Nintendo system was useful, or even if it was possible.
I'm working on a bigger project derived from this, but not only for 3DS, also for other Nintendo consoles.

RedDucks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only plain JS is allowed (no NodeJS's elements like console.log)

console.log is just plain JavaScript though. All Node code can be directly ported to the browser (minus it's use of CommonJS module loading, which can be worked around with webpack or RequireJS). Node is JavaScript, they are the same language. Node even runs off the same engine that Chrome uses for it's JavaScript.

Reactions: Termer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1