3D classics injects

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Drak0rex, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Drak0rex
    OP

Drak0rex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Has anyone tried injecting roms into the 3D Classics games? I'm eager to see if any other games would work well with the 3D treatment.

2. CompC

CompC GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    I'm pretty sure that 3D classics games don't actually use ROMs. They've ported the games to the 3DS and that's how they're able to make them work with 3D. So you can't just replace the ROM.

3. Drak0rex
    OP

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    I thought they just added some info to adjust the different layers for the left and right eyes.

4. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    The Sega Megadrive/Genesis ones definitely use an emulator, written by M2, that has the ability to use 3d information added to the released games, but also runs 2d megadrive games normally. If you're going to try one, use Sonic 2, it has the latest version of the emulator that has much better compatibility with injected games. People with kernel access have been running these as .cia, but I don't know if anyone's tried the HANS method yet.

e: I just read the second sentence of your op again. Don't expect 3d from injected games.

Last edited by hippy dave, Nov 4, 2015
  5. Drak0rex
    OP

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    So injecting S&K into a sonic 2 wouldn't get the same result even though they're similar games?

6. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    No, the 3d info has to be coded into the game. If you feel up for reverse engineering both games, modifying and reassembling sonic & knuckles then go for it.

7. Drak0rex
    OP

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    I'LL GET RIGHT ON THAT!:yaynds: