3600mAh battery for GamePad?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by WiiCube_2013, Jan 1, 2015.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
  2. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    I have the official high-capacity battery installed in my Wii U GamePad, which is "only" 2550mAh, but gives me around 5-6 hours of gameplay time. Installation was fairly simple and I couldn't be happier. It does add a little weight, enough to be noticeable. If I was you, I'd probably look at the official product since third party batteries have very varying quality. Especially for the price that one is being sold for I can't possibly imagine it being a durable product. It's not worth it to risk having your Wii U GamePad become trash over a £5 piece of kit.

aofelix and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  3. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    You're right.

If it'd burn on the inside it'd cost me around £60 to buy another GamePad.

4. rip-it-up

rip-it-up GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2009
    manchester
    I bought the official extended battery for £20 and sold the standard one on ebay for £15
    Does add some weight to the gamepad tho,
    I think this might be a reason why nintendo went for the lighter battery

5. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    Here's a comparison of the size of the original Wii U GamePad battery and the official high-capacity battery:

[​IMG]

It's almost double in size. Trust me, it's more than enough in capacity, so there really is no need for more mAh. :)

cearp likes this.
  6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    get the official one from playasia it's worth it. stay the fuck away from them cheap knockoffs from hong kong!

as for the extra weight you don't even notice it after a while.

7. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The weight isn't a problem because the GamePad is already with the original battery so I'll be considering it because I've gotten tired of charging it so freaking times during one day.

8. DarkWrath669

DarkWrath669 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2014
    Hampshire
    I picked up one of these recently to give it a go as an alternative from paying out for the Official increased capacity one.

I think I get about 6 hours out of it and have not noticed any increase in temperature, even when leaving it plugged into the charger overnight/playing with the gamepad plugged into power for a few hours during the day when already fully charged.

Funny enough they sent me two in the post so I have a spare when I only paid for one.
    I think this must mean they have a massive stock to clear out.