Hacking 3 in 1 slower to boot

Aarohead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am using my R4 + 3 in 1 combo and I haven't had any problems up until now. I use NDStation 1.1 to boot my GBA roms in PSRAM and they have been starting up nice and fast for the whole time until a couple days ago when I was booting Ninja Five-0, the screen was black for about five seconds until the code started coming onto the screen. The game appears to run just fine its just a little unnerving every time I try to play a game, it always seems to take longer (even though it probably isn't). Is there a way to restore the 3 in 1 to factory settings so that maybe I can fix the problem?

Xsinthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i believe there is a tool or you have to upload a blank file or something along those lines, i saw someone on the EZ Flash Forum who also wanted to reset to factory default and he managed to do it so dig around there

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want reset the NOR to the factory state, just flash a blank 32MB file to the 3-in-1. I don't think that will help with the slowness though, that sounds more like a microSD issue to me.

If every game is loading more slowly than it used to, reformat the memory card. If it's just that one game, try repatching it first, starting with the clean GBA rom. If that doesn't fix the problem, then reformat.

If you really want to blank the NOR, here's a blank .gba file: http://www.zshare.net/download/7135488677dffa/

Aarohead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I actually already reformatted the card and it doesn't seem to have fixed it. Thanks for the blank file though. I'll try that out.

P.S.: Does formatting the card to either FAT or FAT32 make a difference?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey