Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hartleyshc said:
mrchew said:
I updated and my homebrew ch still works. becasue when I was updating my power went out like more the half way done I think I have all the other parts of the the update. I'm able to use my keybored on the mii channel and I can go to all my other channels even homebrew.
grog.gif

try pulling the plug at your own risk
lecture.gif

obviously NOT true.
what makes you say that?

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I updated, HBC still working.. for now.. (beta 9).

The strange thing is, the EULA / ToS didn't change here in The Netherlands / Europe. However, the ToS here never stated that updates can't be installed automaticly.

B

bluetieman

I know nothing about this, but it seems that a large amount of individuals updating to 3.4 are not getting things wiped by Nintendo. Is the update looking for the Twilight Hack save before doing anything else? If that's the case, haven't most of us deleted the Twilight Hack save by now?

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bluetieman said:
I know nothing about this, but it seems that a large amount of individuals updating to 3.4 are not getting things wiped by Nintendo. Is the update looking for the Twilight Hack save before doing anything else? If that's the case, haven't most of us deleted the Twilight Hack save by now?

Well some of us still keep the Twilight Hack available as our "Safe Mode" if we would ever succumb to installing bad wads.

One of the backup loader channels had a bad wad and it bricked a few people's Wiis.

About the Update:

http://www.thetanooki.com/2008/11/18/wii-s...ith-new-update/

fear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
From the news post:

QUOTE said:
The update removes any illegal saves (i.e. Twilight Hack) and any other homebrew channels you may have on your Wii.

Isn't illegal a bit harsh? It sounds like I could get arrested for using the Twilight Hack
huh.gif

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrchew said:
what makes you say that?

it has nothing to do with the power going out half way through. like someone else said, comments like yours will cause a lot of bricks.
from the few reports, hbc still works (although not sure to what degree), various other channels are completely removed, and the twilight save won't transfer to the wii anymore.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fear said:
From the news post:

QUOTE said:
The update removes any illegal saves (i.e. Twilight Hack) and any other homebrew channels you may have on your Wii.

Isn't illegal a bit harsh? It sounds like I could get arrested for using the Twilight Hack
huh.gif

I could be wrong, but I really don't see how the Twilight Hack is that much different than a Datel Wii Powersave, as they are both hacked save files. However, the bottom line is that there is way too many people who have used the Twilight Hack for Nintendo to do that.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
3.4 isn't coming out until they make playing vc games from sd card possible.
DarkLG said:
3.4 is not out .take pics to prove that you have 3.4 on your bro's wii.QUOTE(DarkLG @ Nov 17 2008, 10:01 PM)
Dude.I have updated on one of my wii it doesn't have 3.4 its at 3.3U still.3.4 isn't out.
I couldn't help notice how easy people are to jump to conclusions.. it made me laugh since it's so true.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Using modified and custom created stuff is illegal on the wii, simply because it's only legal to use software / hardware on the Wii that has been licensed by Nintendo.

So.. I hope. yes hope, that one day Nintendo will release a Homebrew WiiWare-program
tongue.gif

And about this update, I updated around 2 hours ago and HBC (b9) still works.

ARK6476

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ran the update, (I took my sd card out just to be safe
tongue.gif
), Homebrew channel is fine. The Twilight Hack probably doesn't work anymore, but if you already have the Homebrew channel I can't think of a reason you would want the Twilight Hack.

cr08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
DarkLG said:
3.4 isn't coming out until they make playing vc games from sd card possible.
DarkLG said:
3.4 is not out .take pics to prove that you have 3.4 on your bro's wii.QUOTE(DarkLG @ Nov 17 2008, 10:01 PM)
Dude.I have updated on one of my wii it doesn't have 3.4 its at 3.3U still.3.4 isn't out.
I couldn't help notice how easy people are to jump to conclusions.. it made me laugh since it's so true.

I was gonna say the same, but didn't want to jump into the line of fire here. And then pulling the 'photoshop' card on the photo provided.

Seriously, why is it people do not grow up around here and instantly go AWOL at the slightest thing.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ARK6476 said:
Just ran the update, (I took my sd card out just to be safe
tongue.gif
), Homebrew channel is fine. The Twilight Hack probably doesn't work anymore, but if you already have the Homebrew channel I can't think of a reason you would want the Twilight Hack.

Well, technically now they can remove the Homebrew Channel and you would have no way to put it back on, therefore, you're back at point 0.
Since, they can now auto-update on your Wii, unless you have the internet disconnected and/or WiiConnect24 off.
Plus, people kept it incase of banner bricks on the Wii, which, HBC couldn't save from (per say) ..

EDIT: @ cr08: Yeah, I wasn't even going to mention the photoshop accusation, lol. It's confirmed, now instead of looking back, let's look forward. ;]
BootMii, where are you?

Jhonyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello all

I was never a big fan of the homebrew scene i only have my wiikey on my Wii.
To all who are fans this are sad news (especially when it auto updates) but someone will make a workarround that i am sure.

But my question is, since i only have my modchip in my wii is it safe to update??? can anyone confirm it???

thx guys

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol im still on 3.2U. so this 3.4 update only removes the twilight hack correct? it wont affect any other things in my wii? btw, my wii is chipped so yeah.

Martino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Christen said:
So, as long as I keep my Wii at 3.2U, I don't have to worry about Nintendo installing updates behind my back, right?

I have the same question? Can anyone confirm that on version 3.2 you wont get auto-updates?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jhonyb said:
Hello all

I was never a big fan of the homebrew scene i only have my wiikey on my Wii.
To all who are fans this are sad news (especially when it auto updates) but someone will make a workarround that i am sure.

But my question is, since i only have my modchip in my wii is it safe to update??? can anyone confirm it???

thx guys

As far as I know, as long as you are only using a drive chip, it should be safe to update. However, keep in mind that if you do, you would currently lose the ability to run any unofficial software, including the newest version of the Twilight Hack.

QUOTE(Christen @ Nov 18 2008, 03:38 AM) So, as long as I keep my Wii at 3.2U, I don't have to worry about Nintendo installing updates behind my back, right?

Correct. I still doubt that they would do it, but you would definitely have to "agree" to it, first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!