Hacking 3.4 U LU65 wii soft modded but after USB loader install programs load

texark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.4 U LU65 wii that I was able to soft mod however played punchout with backuploader, then I tried to install USB Loader
tried to install IOS 36-64-v1042 but when I restarted my wii, I am able to start homebrew but none of the programs start. wad, or anytitle deleter, goes to black screen, backup launcher goes to black screen, even loadmii goes to black screen
would format wii system memory resolve this issue?
would wii system update resolve this issue?
any help would be much appreciated

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You didn't by chance try to install that IOS36-64-v1042.wad with wad manager did you? If so, thats you're mistake. The old IOSes don't work on the LU64+ systems. Since tools use that IOS, and it can't run on your hardware, it black screens when loaded.

I'm surprised you got the backup launcher to install. Did you by any chance install IOS16 while softmodding it? Or did you use the CMDVDX34 method ("downgrade IOS35")?

If you used the IOS16 method, you could try to use the Custom IOS16 wad manager to install a wad of a newer version IOS36. Get a newer version of IOS from the NUS downloader tool available at wiibrew.

If IOS16 Wad manager doesn't work (or you don't have IOS16), update with a recent game disc (a retail copy of punch-out should do). If you don't have such a game, you'll likely have to update the wii via wifi. That should fix the issue as it installs the latest IOSes.

Also, what were you doing with IOS36 v1042? If you were trying to install another cIOS for the launcher, you put that wad in the root of your SD card, run the cIOS installer and choose Wad install. The installer will use data from that file instead of downloading it from Nintendo.

texark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't by chance try to install that IOS36-64-v1042.wad with wad manager did you? Yes
I install IOS16
I updated the wii via wifi from 3.4 U to 4.0U and everything is loading now! yeah, except USB loader

sorry new at this
how do you suggest I install USB loader on a LU65 4.0U ? I have a wii channel USB loader image when I click on it it says fat channel could not be initialized please press a to reboot. then it freezes

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see you updated the wii. I kinda figured you'd made that mistake (installing the IOS wad), newbies do that sometimes, and that's the symptoms of it on an LU64+.

Since cIOS is already installed, the loader should run just fine assuming its rev 9 or newer. If you have cIOS rev8 or older, download rev10's installer and run it. Choose network install.

Just put the loader on the SD card as with any other app, connect an external hard drive, and run it from HBC.

That channel is a forwarder, meaning it just runs the DOL on the SD card. I'm not sure what folder that DOL needs to be in, as it varies, but its likely SD:\apps\usbloader\ Try creating the usbloader folder in the apps folder and putting the loader's boot.dol inside that and see if it works. If not, you can always delete the channel and get a different one (or just use the loader from HBC)

deadsigns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
texark said:
I have a 3.4 U LU65 wii that I was able to soft mod however played punchout with backuploader, then I tried to install USB Loader
tried to install IOS 36-64-v1042 but when I restarted my wii, I am able to start homebrew but none of the programs start. wad, or anytitle deleter, goes to black screen, backup launcher goes to black screen, even loadmii goes to black screen

I have this problem too. I've installed all the channels, but I just get a black screen. Should I update to 4.0?

deadsigns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deadsigns said:
texark said:

I have this problem too. I've installed all the channels, but I just get a black screen. Should I update to 4.0?

Sweet 4.0 works for the Gamma loader, but not the USB loader.

deadsigns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deadsigns said:
deadsigns said:
texark said:

Sweet 4.0 works for the Gamma loader, but not the USB loader.

ok sillie me. i used a forwarder for the gx and I didn't have the program on my sd card. since i deleted it when messing around with ios and stuff.
but all good now. thanks for all your help. never woulda thought upgrading to 4.0 would work. thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?