Hacking 3.3u to 0.3 gamma

hetster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just a quickie as i have a few consoles here so i have a couple of questions..

i used to use a method before where i updated the console via network update as most of my friends have never updated them so they come with 2.x firmware on which the twighlight hack wont work on..so i allways update to 3.3 and do the method below

1. update to 3.3
2. run the twighlight hack to install homebrew channel
3. run wad manager and install the cios16 wad
4. run wad manager16 and install new cios
5. run wad manager and install backup launcher channel.

i do this method so theres no downgrading etc. but the new wiigator doesnt come with a wad only the dol installer which 3.3 wont allow to install fully..
heres where i need advice. i have just found waninkoko's cios rev7 wad..now can i use that to install the new cios via wad mananger16 and then install wiigators channel and use that channel with wanin's ciso as they are based on same thing..to be honest and unlike most other people here i dont want the backups to be loiaded from disk channel. i personaly would prefer backups being run from their own channels then theres no bricking etc..

so can i use wanin's rev 7 ciso wad with wiigators gamma loader instead of from disk channel or does someone have wiigators cios installer dol in wad format.

i know djtaz has allready answered a few of these (sorry) but i wouldnt mind knowing if its ok to mix and match wanin's and wiigators release.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hetster said:
just a quickie as i have a few consoles here so i have a couple of questions..

i used to use a method before where i updated the console via network update as most of my friends have never updated them so they come with 2.x firmware on which the twighlight hack wont work on..so i allways update to 3.3 and do the method below

1. update to 3.3
2. run the twighlight hack to install homebrew channel
3. run wad manager and install the cios16 wad
4. run wad manager16 and install new cios
5. run wad manager and install backup launcher channel.

i do this method so theres no downgrading etc. but the new wiigator doesnt come with a wad only the dol installer which 3.3 wont allow to install fully..
heres where i need advice. i have just found waninkoko's cios rev7 wad..now can i use that to install the new cios via wad mananger16 and then install wiigators channel and use that channel with wanin's ciso as they are based on same thing..to be honest and unlike most other people here i dont want the backups to be loiaded from disk channel. i personaly would prefer backups being run from their own channels then theres no bricking etc..

so can i use wanin's rev 7 ciso wad with wiigators gamma loader instead of from disk channel or does someone have wiigators cios installer dol in wad format.

i know djtaz has allready answered a few of these (sorry) but i wouldnt mind knowing if its ok to mix and match wanin's and wiigators release.

Yeah, you should be able to use wanin's ciso since it has support for the backup launcher. Please try it out! because I may have to do the same thing for my cousin.

that1dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure you can do this without it showing up in the disc channel.
Just don't run the menu patcher and you should be all fine.

hetster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok worked but not without a scare first lol..

i installed update..then installed homebrew channel then ran wad manager from homebrew and installed the ios16..then restarted and ran wad manager for ios16 and installed ciosrev7.wad from wanin..then rebooted..then got a scare lol..clicked homebrew chanel and got black screen saying system files where corrupt and to contact nintendo..so i turned off and rebooted and it booted fine this time and let me install gamme loader 0.3..i tested a game and it runs perfect..i have rebooted approx 20 times and clicked every channel trying to get it to repeat the system files corrupt but couldnt..is this normal for wanins ciosrev7 after a soft reset with home button from wadmanager..i think it might need a hard reset with the power button after installing..anyway seems fine but that screen scared the living shit outta me lol..

looking at the banner brick channel a few up is seems its not a good idea to install uncompressed wads..the ciosrev7.wad was uncompressed so this might have cuased the system files corrupt error..i think i'll try and either find a zipped version or just do it the other methos coz even though the cios installer dol says its failed it still loads games via gamma loader..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.