3.3U 001 error question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by phantomatt, Sep 21, 2008.

Sep 21, 2008

3.3U 001 error question by phantomatt at 6:37 PM (838 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. phantomatt
    OP

Newcomer phantomatt Member

Canada
    hey guys.
    i havent burnt any games since july ish, but this week i burnt, tiger woods 09, madden 09 and mario super sluggers
    they all give me the 001 error when i launch them through the normal wii game channel. i have 3.3U so i can't trucha sign.

I CAN use them through gecko os of course, but i'm starting to miss opening games through one step (it looks prettier too xD).

i understand the 001 error has to do with an unupgraded modchip?
    well my wiikey (or something like it) can't seem to be upgraded. when i put it through 1.9s it said it failed, check the solders blah blah blah
    also i cant remove the 001 through wii generic patcher cuz that would involve trucha signin it...meaning i'd have to use gecko again lol

so i'm just wondering is it possible to launch new games through the normal wii game channel?

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Without updating your chip, there's no way you can run this directly through the disc channel.
    But you could install Gecko OS as a channel on your wii, so the Homebrew Channel isn't needed.
    But trying to upgrade your chip really is the best way. Check all steps again, the Wiikey with latest firmware should be able to run al 001-protected games.

3. phantomatt
    OP

Canada
    ok lol. whenever i updated. i'd get the -fail- check solders
    so what can i do?
    can i open it up to see which chip it is? or smth...

4. Framework43

Member Framework43 I'm International

United States
    You dont even know what chip you have [​IMG] *facepalm*

Find out your chip,and if it looks like a wiikey but its not upgrading it could be:
    a) A clone
    b) Your connection to the chip got messed up

5. phantomatt
    OP

Canada
    lol. how can i fix those connections?
    lol the guy at the shop said it was wiikey. but theyre all kinda liars arent they?