Hacking 3.2U/3.4U Wii - ERROR! (ret = -1022)

evanhunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a great holiday. And thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide for me.

I am currently running a Nintendo Wii with v. 3.2U. I also have a Wii running 3.4U. Both have the Twighlight Hack applied, Homebrew is working, and all seems well.

I have Wad Manager v1.3 from Waninkoko on my SD card. I am able to load MOST WAD files. For example, World of Goo, Contra III, and Sonic Spinball all loaded and ran great.

Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 64, Metroid, and Super Mario Bros. 3 all WILL NOT load. The get to "Installing content #00... ERROR! (ret = -1022). Always. I've downloaded from multiple sources, and still have the same errors.

Formatted in FAT32 (it's a 2GB SD card). No luck. Same problem. I've re-downloaded from about three sources. Still the same error. I've formatted it in FAT32 (no quick format this time). Still errors out. And it's a brand new Sandisk SD card.

I've been on Google bouncing all over for about 3 hours and I'm ready to pull my hair out! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alttabstwist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having the exact same problem, ecept for me I cannot install any programs. The old WAD manager worked fine, however I had to re-download it and it no longer works. If this is important, on the homebrew channel I can choose wad manager however no description is available, so maybe it's something with my SD layout?

evanhunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I had a corrupted SD card, too. I just replaced my 2GB Sandisk (I bought last week) with a 1GB Kinston. Same results. I have not formated into FAT16 yet. I have Windows XP and don't have that option so I need to find a program to do it for me.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
is ypur memory full? or too full to install the wad? is so copy some channels to your sd then delete them then try again if not pm me a link 4 the wad/wads and i'll test on mine,

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
the title installed fine but when i ran the channel i got a black screen and wiimore disconnected that could be a missing ios on my part or its a bad wad, what region is the wad, is it an official virtual console game or a custom channel?

evanhunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC-U region. And it's SUPPOSED to be an official Virtual Console game.

Not sure if I can post links like that. Sorry if I pissed off a mod. That's another one for Super Mario 3. I've tried 4 different WADs for SMB3. Yet, other ones work fine.

that_dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure U can install CIOS_fix.wad without any errors?

I had the same problem. Reinstalling CIOS_fix.wad solved it for me.

evanhunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed CIOS_fix.WAD again and no change.

nutta_nic - There has got to be something wrong with my machine. Grant it, they won't play on your machine, but they will at least install. I don't even get that far.

I cannot figure this out at all...

evanhunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it is worth...it seems like they are all Nintendo game WADs.

Posts merged

3.2x? I'm not sure how I'd go about doing that.

I'm currently on 3.2U.

evanhunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never tried to install 3.2U. My console was in 3.2U when I installed the Homebrew, etc. No updates have been done since. My other Wii was 3.4U but it doesn't work either. Like I said, most everything works accept these dang Nintendo WADs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1