yay crapy weather 1 hour est on the gateway set up shit

xixion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first setup rxtools and download the 9.2 update pack for your region ---> do a fbi injection ---> boot into devmode ---> install sysupdater ---> run sysupdater

then u can do whatever u want on your 9.2 2ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that's what I did to my 8.1 2ds

QQ. I'm doing wrong

xixion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
setting up rxtools got me like WTF
latest build check
firm check
slot0blah blah.bin check

I go to launch from browser and i get no emand found on SD...

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need 9.2 to use emunand, although i recommend updating to 9.0 - 9.2 (using sysupdater, NOT system settings) so you can autoboot into rxTools using themehax. Also you can use hax 1.0/1.1 for kernel homebrew, and hax 2.5 for HANS and the like, but only on 9.0 - 9.2. There are many guides to setting this up. Sorry if this has already been answered.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted-236924

You don't need 9.2 to use emunand, although i recommend updating to 9.0 - 9.2 (using sysupdater, NOT system settings) so you can autoboot into rxTools using themehax. Also you can use hax 1.0/1.1 for kernel homebrew, and hax 2.5 for HANS and the like, but only on 9.0 - 9.2. There are many guides to setting this up. Sorry if this has already been answered.
2.5 works for kernel homebrew too if you are on 9.0-9.2, and isn't limited to only Cubic Ninja :P

xixion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I up dated my emunand to 9.2
sysnand is still 6.0
got FBI injected to emunand
instaled devmenu.cia

D

Deleted-236924

People used to do that, yeah.
But it's a lot better to use CTRBootManager to launch rxTools code.bin automatically at startup.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If you don't have a cia installer already installed in emunand you could run the homebrew launcher from emunand. If your emunand is on 9.2 then you could use browserhax for it. Then with the homebrew launcher run FBI cia installer and install a fbi or devmenu cia to emunand with it so you won't have to enter the hbl again when you want to install a cia. Once you install a cia installer to emunand just open it, look for your cias on the sd and install them.

Last edited by JJTapia19,

xixion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have a cia installer already installed in emunand you could run the homebrew launcher from emunand. If your emunand is on 9.2 then you could use browserhax for it. Then with the homebrew launcher run FBI cia installer and install a fbi or devmenu cia to emunand with it so you won't have to enter the hbl again when you want to install a cia. Once you install a cia installer to emunand just open it, look for your cias on the sd and install them.

I got FBI injected over health and safety and dev-menu on my emunand (9.2).

so thats it? ... but i can only play back ups that are in *.cia format.... what about *.3ds???

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got FBI injected over health and safety and dev-menu on my emunand (9.2).

so thats it? ... but i can only play back ups that are in *.cia format.... what about *.3ds???
For that you need Sky3DS or Gateway cards. But why would you need to play a .3ds game? You can just install the .cia version.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
There are SO many different answers here. I have a 2DS E running RxTools EmuNand on 6.3 ( I think... ) EmuNand abilities ( Kernel hacking ) from 6.0 to 9.2. Why are there people saying it doesn't work? I have it working. Either I'm one of a kind or something I suppose. :rofl2::wink: The procedure is still the same for the 3DS. However, I don't think EmuNand below 6.0 works...
EDIT: Confirmed 6.2. I'd post a pic, but I risk having myself in the reflection of the camera. I hate being in media.

Last edited by Ruby Gloom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)