2ds hardmod issues

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by GwenMyNation, Sep 17, 2016.

1. GwenMyNation
    OP

GwenMyNation Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Another guy without hands =/
    Tried to hardmod my 2ds, but CLK and CMD Solder Pads got broken. Found that they can be reconnected to another pads (TP265, TP270)
    After assembling back, 2ds doesn't work without card reader plugged in the PC
    Sometimes it launches with bootrom error (last one is 8046)
    Sometimes it launches, like it should be =/ (I can navigate in home menu, without card reader plugged, though, but if I try to launch something (again, without plugged reader), it may launch very slow, or crash)
    And most of all: PC does not recognize all this stuff
    Something new happened... when reader is halfway in pc, 2ds launches with grey bottom screen (happened once, after that got bootrom error 8046 again)

Maybe someone already encountered this?

UPD: after researching i found, that DAT-0 pad got loose... and got broken =/
    UPD 2: after unsoldering these wires and reassembling it's working as it should be, looks like the problem was in DAT-0 pad... =( looks like i can forget about hardmod and cfw for ever

Last edited by GwenMyNation, Sep 17, 2016
  2. milerwan

milerwan Seasoned technician

Dec 21, 2013
    France
    I think you could win time by buying a new console.

3. GwenMyNation
    OP

GwenMyNation Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    well I can buy a new console, but i haven't enough money
    I'm a poor person

4. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    With that being said, next time do your research. Soldering is not learned over night.

gamesquest1 likes this.