Hardware 2DS circle pad no longer responds

Teddyelliot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a used 2DS recently and it worked just fine until a few weeks ago and I can't work out why

The system reacts as if the circle pad is being pushed all the way to the right, but doesn't respond at all. It started out as a minor issue that was fixed by calibrating it. But at some point it just stopped responding at all. If I'm lucky I'll turn it on and it will stop pushing the content to the right but that only happens sometimes

I assumed it was an issue with the component, so I ordered a new joystick and installed it. But nothing changed. So I thought it might have been a software bug and formatted the system (I had cfw on it so I thought maybe one of my CIAs had a virus). But it's still doing it. So I'm not sure what to do now

Any ideas?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the 3DSident-GUI app to figure out whether the right movement is caused by the circle pad, d-pad, or touchscreen for the o2DS.

Press (START) + (SELECT) to enter the buttons/switches/inputs checker mode.

Teddyelliot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use the 3DSident-GUI app to figure out whether the right movement is caused by the circle pad, d-pad, or touchscreen for the o2DS.

Press (START) + (SELECT) to enter the buttons/switches/inputs checker mode.

I know it's the circle pad because of how it shows up in the calibration, and the d pad + touch screen work just fine, but the circle pad has been malfunctioning periodically for a while and clearly just got worse

As for the ribbon cable... When I replaced the component I was surprised to see that there wasnt a gray locking lever on the joystick ribbon cable ZIF connector. It was just the exposed connector, but it must have always been that way.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know it's the circle pad because of how it shows up in the calibration, and the d pad + touch screen work just fine, but the circle pad has been malfunctioning periodically for a while and clearly just got worse

As for the ribbon cable... When I replaced the component I was surprised to see that there wasnt a gray locking lever on the joystick ribbon cable ZIF connector. It was just the exposed connector, but it must have always been that way.
There has to be a locking piece or the cable won't make contact
It's not like this normally

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Teddyelliot and IC_

Teddyelliot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • [aliexpress] Original Backlite Clip Touch Screen Joystick Slot Socket 4pin for New 3DS Series host Touch socket rocker socket for New 3ds
  • [aliexpress] Original Backlite Clip Touch Screen Joystick Slot Socket for Nintend New 3DS 4Pin Interface Socket Buckle for New 3DS/2DS/3DS XL
  • New 3ds "An has occured"on startup [post #32]

Thank you so much! I had no idea how to find this. Hopefully that will fix it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1