Gaming 292 game limit

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds has a limit of 300? hmm, I have a 200gb sd card and only 253 games show up, no matter how many I add. (note: I'm using an O3DSXL w/Gateway... don't laugh. So maybe it's a GW limitation)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because nobody buys 300 games and the only people ever to complain about the limit, on 3ds or wii u, are pirates.

You can easily fill those 300 slots if you have lots of game demos. And on the 3DS, placed badges actually count toward the limit (though from what I've found its not 1 badge equals 1 title, seems to be that it may be 2 badges equal 1 title, though I'm not entirely sure if thats the exact relation or not). So really it isn't impossible for someone not pirating to reach that limit (on the 3DS anyway).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_software#Games
718 games. Even admitting there are 200 good games (trust me, there aren't - most Wii U games are shovelware) you wouldn't be exceeding that limit.
Want VC? Just use loadiine.

But that doesn't include the virtual console. If you count the virtual console, all the great Wii U titles, and all the great downloadable Wii titles, I'd argue there could be 300 great games.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is seriously no reason to have that many games. I hate to be blunt, but you are never going to play through that many games. You are basically piling up games just for the sake of having them.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is seriously no reason to have that many games. I hate to be blunt, but you are never going to play through that many games. You are basically piling up games just for the sake of having them.
well isnt that the point thiu a true ganer wont rest untill games ae beaten and games have been colected

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
well isnt that the point thiu a true ganer wont rest untill games ae beaten and games have been colected
I have been gaming for 21 years now and even I don't see the reason to stockpile on games like that. The Wii U doesn't have a lot of games and it has very few good games.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe perhaps nintendo expect you to buy the games they sell at a store.... on a disc. Seriously they sell them for a reason and it still serve prupose, like not being restricted to 292 games installed on systems.:creep:

Is better to buy your games on disc simply cause of this and other reasons like not needing extra storage space since it only save data and dlc. 32GB is plenty for just disc based games. If the games you buy are ONLY on eshop then the 292 limit shouldn't be a problem, cause i doubt there is over 292 eshop only exclusive titles, only like 2-4 get added every week.:mellow:

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's this thread again. I can't remember what the exact number on the wii was (500-something), but there were people complaining back then either. And now games are both larger is size and less of 'em overall, especially quality-wise (heck...I just tallied the essential list...since release, people have "only" voted for 90 different games). But apparently, this still needs complaining about. :P

Wound WHAT Nintendo would say if I called them
If you can prove you bought over 292 games, they might send you a new wiiu to install the remaining games on. :P

(yeah, I know...I'm late. But I couldn't resist)

D

Deleted User

lol... what?
292 Games omg..

and here I am... having like 10 Games on Bluray (or whatever^^) and 5 Digital bought games :s

i think i got all good games i need to play :s the rest kind of looks shitty...^^ who would want to have so many games... cant play them anyway

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo really needs to increase the limit from 292 to like 592 before the Switch comes out. I hope in the next update (5.2) they consider doing this, because the limit is more annoying than the one on the 3DS/N3DS. At least on that one you can swap out SD cards, eventhough on the N3DS you have unscrew the bottom and then swap them out. On the Wii U, it's even harder since you can't overlapse the 292 limit; like you have 259 VC games, 8 preinstalled apps, and then 27 Wii VC games; well that's 294 games and the message will show up, after 292 games.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo really needs to increase the limit from 292 to like 592 before the Switch comes out. I hope in the next update (5.2) they consider doing this, because the limit is more annoying than the one on the 3DS/N3DS. At least on that one you can swap out SD cards, eventhough on the N3DS you have unscrew the bottom and then swap them out. On the Wii U, it's even harder since you can't overlapse the 292 limit; like you have 259 VC games, 8 preinstalled apps, and then 27 Wii VC games; well that's 294 games and the message will show up, after 292 games.
w h o h a s t h a t m a n y g a m e s

Reactions: MrBananaMan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol