2 Wii homebrew questions I have

heckNO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have 2 questions both related to Wii homebrew that I feel like I need some answers to.
  1. Does anybody know how to change the empty channel icons for custom Wii themes? I ask this because I was trying to find an old theme found in this video but I came up empty handed and I presume this theme is gone for good. Now I'm just wondering if anybody with the knowledge on creating Wii themes can try and recreate it or at least help me out at remaking it. I've been able to find the gif of the green skull if that helps, and if I knew how to edit Wii themes myself I would've done it by now but unfortunately I don't.
  2. I've also been on the hunt for some forwarder channels for my Wii and while I have been successful in finding a lot of wads I was looking for there's still a handful I've been unable to find. I was also wondering if anyone knew where I could find these or something similar to them. I doubt these still exist but if somebody had them that would be pretty neat. I'm primarily looking for the Cheat Manager wad in this video^ the Power Check wad in this one^ the WiiFlow and SysCheck wads here^ the green Homebrew Channel wad here^ and the Configurable USB Loader and Wad Manager wad in this video too.^ Apologies in advance if I'm wasting anybody's time looking for this old Wii stuff. I just think they look cool that's all.

If it seems like I'm asking for too much then I'm sorry for bugging you all. If nobody can help me then that's understandable.

heckNO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I googled it and it seems as though its only purpose is for creating forwarder channels for USB Loader games. Unless I'm wrong and it can be use to create forwarders for homebrew applications, the websites I seen for WiiGSC only mentioned the program being used to create channels for USB Loader games.

torrent_get

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried asking @ reddit WiiHacks

More eyeballs could help I guess although the posting there as dropped off a cliff in the last month or so.

But its the first place I was made aware of the newly released wii2hdmi adapter from Electron Shephard which I am thankful for.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Well I googled it and it seems as though its only purpose is for creating forwarder channels for USB Loader games. Unless I'm wrong and it can be use to create forwarders for homebrew applications, the websites I seen for WiiGSC only mentioned the program being used to create channels for USB Loader games.
Isn't that what u were asking for? If u want to create a homebrew forwarder u would probably want to use customize mii to edit aethetics, and create a new forwarder dol using modmii, then inject the new dol into your channel again using customize mii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn