OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 questions

1. Should i wait for softmii 3.0 or just install 2.1.1

2. Do you need to install preloader to work softmii, cause i really don't want to take the risk of the brick. I just wanna stay with starfall.

Thanks for your help

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well on the second question i used softmii on about four wiis now and have not had a problem and in the guide it tells you what to do and in the process you will remove preloader if you have it installed anyway so don't install it and follow the guide

on the first Q i would wait for 3.0 because it should be out in less than 48 hours and that will give you 4.0 but if you want disc channel loading and custom themes right now use 2.1.1 you'll just be on 3.2 until you update

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't need preloader to install softmii
if you have it already installing softmii will reinstall the system menu so it will remove preloader
i have not had one brick even when telling someone how to do it over yahoo messenger with a webcam
starfall and preloader are made by the same person and preloader is more safer because it lets you go to the homebrew channel

mrbearz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so i need to reinstall my system menu, EVEN if i have 3.2u already installed? -__- This is getting confusing now.

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Preloader will not brick your Wii unless you are stupid, and it is much better then Starfall, as it allows you to access hacks and boot the HBC directly.

The only reason you should reinstall the system menu is if you want to remove EVERYTHING you have accomplished with softmii, that is, except the presence of the HBC. Also, doing so is will erase starfall and it is MUCH riskier then simply installing preloader.

Seeing as you are a newcomer and don't seem to know much about this, I recommend you get MiiWii(use the search function) and you will be happy and your Wii will be safe AS LONG AS you follow the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1