2 Flash cart questions

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by darkriku2000, Nov 26, 2009.

Nov 26, 2009

2 Flash cart questions by darkriku2000 at 2:55 AM (767 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. darkriku2000
    OP

Member darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi I was wondering if people could answer these questions about flash carts for me.

1) Is it possible to use them to copy the save file to and from an actual game cart without a slot 2

2) Is it possible (even if it hasn't been done yet) to emulate the slot 2, like say, with a pokemon game, having the save file for a GBA game and using it to upload to the Palpark? That being said, has it been done?

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    1. If you're using a DS or DS Lite, then you can use Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool to manage the save files of your DS games via a wifi connection to your computer, using an FTP server. With the DSi, I'm not 100% sure if that works since wifi in homebrew is known to be flaky with the system.

2. I don't think it's possible to do this with just a slot-1 device. With specific combinations of slot-1 and slot-2 devices, you can migrate Pokemon over via Pal Park, but not every combination works. Any slot-1 and the 3in1 slot-2 should work to the best of my knowledge, but other combinations may or may not work.

3. darkriku2000
    OP

United States
    Well I have a dslite at my house, but I don't plan on getting a slot 2 flash cart, just a slot 1.

Also, just for lulz: It was saying that this topic had 1 reply and 0 views earlier [​IMG]

4. darkriku2000
    OP

United States
    Well than, is there any way to transfer a save file using a flash cart and a retail cart in between a ds lite and dsi?

5. darkriku2000
    OP

United States
    Also, is there anyway to use the slot 1 flash cart to put cheats into a gba game?