Hacking 1st Wii Modchip

-KangaRod-

Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
Why are people buying this chip with the intention of removing it?

and not only that, quick solder is an option, it also has the option of using wires.
The way I see it is that this chip is everything the Wiinja is, but more for the simple fact that it has an LED. I absolutely have to have an LED on everything I own.

LED's FTW

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

and not only that, quick solder is an option, it also has the option of using wires.
The way I see it is that this chip is everything the Wiinja is, but more for the simple fact that it has an LED. I absolutely have to have an LED on everything I own.

LED's FTW

is the LED on the clip? if so, what is it used for? u wont be able to see it anyways?
biggrin.gif

brpn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah whats up gbatemp was supposed to get their chip shipped monday it doesnt take this long. any admins care to comment?

-KangaRod-

Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada

LED's FTW
I guess its just a mental thing; knowing the led is there is just important.

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why people would waste money on this crap. Wait a few months for the big companies that know what they are doing to release theirs. It will be so much better and worth the wait.

mickcris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why people would waste money on this crap. Wait a few months for the big companies that know what they are doing to release theirs. It will be so much better and worth the wait.
its only $42 dollars for the cyclowiz. i dont think its a waste of money. if something better comes along, i will just replace it.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well personally I don't know what those big companies can do different..

I mean look at how diverse the modchip scene for the XBox360.. Damn not much different and the upgradable firmware chip Globe360 isn't doing much

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can find a review of another wii chip here:

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=13974

that is the cyclowiz, not the wiininja, and damn does it sound good!

Welcome to the board. Feel free to read the topic so you can see that this is exactly what people are talking about here!

To elaborate on what we know:
The CycloWiz and Wiinja have exactly the same feature set. Exactly, regardless of what that review (ad) says.
The only difference is installation style and price.
That "review" as I hinted at before is really an ad for the Cyclowiz.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
ahhhh dude my apologies, i was so keen about finding that site but readin it over again its obvious it was just promotional purposes, ill take more care in the future!

Jimmy de Grasso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone knows if these modchips are capable to read multiboot GC discs? And if exists any way to make multiboot discs using totally a 4,7Gb disc?
Thanks!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone knows if these modchips are capable to read multiboot GC discs? And if exists any way to make multiboot discs using totally a 4,7Gb disc?
Thanks!

They all support games with muliple game disks, if that's what you mean. The Wii handles this slightly differently than the gamecube (also handles the streaming audio differently) so the chips don't need to do anything special unlike with the gamecube chips. Having multiple GC games on one disk is a tricky thing at best, and will most likely need some sort of homebrew software which can't be developed yet as we cannot run unsigned code on the Wii without a mobo chip, of which there are none.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently