danweb

OP
Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find something in gaming history that occurred on the 1st of January, any year. Does anyone have and clue of one? have tried googling but i haven't found anything.

Thank,
DanWeb

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
1995 version

On January 1, 1995, Nintendo released several Game Boy models with colored cases, advertising them in the "Play It Loud!" campaign.[24] Specifications for this unit remain exactly the same as the original Game Boy, including the monochromatic screen. This new line of colored Game Boys would set a precedent for later Nintendo handhelds; the Game Boy Pocket, the Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance (including the SP and Micro), Nintendo DS (including the Lite, DSi, DSi XL), and Nintendo 3DS all feature different colored units. Play It Loud! units were manufactured in red, green, black, yellow, blue, white, and clear (transparent) cases. A very rare, limited edition Manchester United Game Boy is red, with the logos of the team emblazoned on it was released simultaneously with the Play it Loud! handhelds in the United Kingdom. The Play It Loud's screens also have a darker border than the normal Game Boy (with the exception of the black Play it Loud!).

The only one I could remember and quickly got it from Wiki.

danweb

OP
Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
QUOTE said:
1995 version

On January 1, 1995, Nintendo released several Game Boy models with colored cases, advertising them in the "Play It Loud!" campaign.[24] Specifications for this unit remain exactly the same as the original Game Boy, including the monochromatic screen. This new line of colored Game Boys would set a precedent for later Nintendo handhelds; the Game Boy Pocket, the Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance (including the SP and Micro), Nintendo DS (including the Lite, DSi, DSi XL), and Nintendo 3DS all feature different colored units. Play It Loud! units were manufactured in red, green, black, yellow, blue, white, and clear (transparent) cases. A very rare, limited edition Manchester United Game Boy is red, with the logos of the team emblazoned on it was released simultaneously with the Play it Loud! handhelds in the United Kingdom. The Play It Loud's screens also have a darker border than the normal Game Boy (with the exception of the black Play it Loud!).

Thank you so much!

May I ask how you found that? Was it just off of the top of your head?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
danweb said:
Tanveer said:
QUOTE said:
1995 version

Thank you so much!

I remembered the date. Just quickly looked it up on Wikipedia.

danweb

OP
Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
danweb said:
Tanveer said:
QUOTE said:
1995 version

Thank you so much!

I remembered the date. Just quickly looked it up on Wikipedia.

Awesome, thanks again.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gameboy Wiki Page.
No to plaguirism
smile.gif
Use that link as the source.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1