1805 - Final Fantasy 1 and 2 (U)

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Just use the Black Mage's Fire spell three hits and he dies - My characters were level 3.

Mind you I just went straight into his chamber instead of going through the entire castle

GimpyBob

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FF1 seems to be a pretty faithful remake that has been made a bit better, so far. Good stuff. I'll try 2 after I finish 1 and all the extra content. I wasn't fond of the original FF2, though.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Still don't like the levelling up system in FFII
frown.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The levelling system in FF1 doesn't seem stable, one minute your HP goes up by 4 the next it goes up by like 26.

Dark_Lord Malik

Proud Pakistani
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Qrayzie it is the (A) version, FF 1 & 2 is only out in Australlia ATM.
The header information of file FF1&2DAWNOFS.gba
-----------------------------------------
Software Title: FF1&2DAWNOFS
Game Serial: AGB-BFFE-USA
Maker Code: 01
Publisher: Nintendo
Version: 1.0
Logo Code: OK
Complement: B6h
Save Type: SRAM_V113 (256Kbit)
File Size: 128 mbit (16777216 bytes)
CRC32: 1B39CDAB
-----------------------------------------

looks like a usa rom to me
smile.gif
And i thought it as (A) version lol. BTW who care since both are in english.

I am now confused which version should i play i have the PSX version and i haven`t played it which version should i play? I am going to buy the actual cart of this game then i will play it and does the PSX version has FMV`s?

I love final fantasy so much, My love with final fantays started when i played Final Fantasy X and then Final Fantasy VII too bad my FFVII`s 3rd disc was bad and wasn`t working so i wasn`t able to finsih it . Final Fantasy series is the best series in Gaming IMO. Almost all the FF`s have awesome stories and characters. I cried when Aeris died in FF VII. Man that was a pretty sad moment.

GimpyBob

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The PSX version of FF1&2, "Final Fantasy Origins" has FMVs for the openings of the game and that's all. PSX Origins however does not have the gameplay changes nor the "Soul of Chaos/Soul of Rebirth" extras this has.

The choice is obvious.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yay, finally! Should kill some time on my trip next week. Not exactly FF6 or a new FF game but it'll be fun playing the new content in FF1+2... the sprites and music look really cool on the GBA.

smile.gif

Xanthious

Scratch & Sniff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are way too many differences to list. The play feels faster paced. You move onto the next enemy if the targeted one falls. Another thing Ive noticed is that it doesnt feel like you are constantly trying to get gold in this one as opposed to the other ones where you would be walking around looking for gold for hours just to get your spells up to date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure if that or RC Pro AM was my favorite NES racing game... hmmmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I loved the rc pro am games
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.