16GB SDHC

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Ballistic, Feb 26, 2009.

Feb 26, 2009

16GB SDHC by Ballistic at 2:07 AM (1,000 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Ballistic
    OP

Member Ballistic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Now before the degrading thoughts consume your perspective, I know this is not new in any sense that is technology. But I don't see this thread fit for anything else, although that's partially based on opinionated views I guess.

SanDisk was the first to develop the 16GB microSDHC; or so I've heard. But in no manner was it cheap! But now a new 16GB has hit the scene making appearances on NewEgg.

Anyways, NewEgg has always been one of the most cheapest United States retailer in terms of flash memory. And in our case, sex toys we insert in our DS flashcarts that some of us *cough cough* claim to be pirate-free, just kidding [​IMG] . Onto more serious matters, technology is getting more affordable by the day and gosh darn it that includes Newegg's selection as well!

Here's a link to Kingstons 16GB microSDHC on NewEgg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134912

As you can see, it's about 30 dollars cheaper than your typical FLASHCART dealer.

BUT, that wasn't that point of the topic. I'm also curious as to how many people are going to upgrade to 16GB from lower capacities. Or in some cases, how many already have? Or will you wait out until it gets even lower or a bigger capacity reaches the market?

2. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Wow, if I didn't have a 8GB SanDisk Class 6 I'd get this. But that only cost me $30CA.

3. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I was reading some old magazine from GamePro (see: half a decade and a some more), and they were advertising 64MB thumbdrives as the most advanced things out, at $49.99.

I wonder when technology will implode upon itself :x

4. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    4gb is plenty enough for my Cyclo.
    Besides, newegg only ship to US and Canada.

5. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    That's great, Amazing price, but honestly 16Gb is overkill for a flashcart I find a 4Gb or 8Gb to be more than enough, but for 50.00$ I'd get the 16Gb

6. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Cheap, but way too much. 8Gb is more than enough as it is.

7. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It may be too much for most users, but if I had the money I'd buy two of those with a photofast and use it in my PSP. 32gb of storage would be great [​IMG]

8. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can get 3 Transcend 8GB microSDHC Class 6 cards on NewEgg for that price. That's three times the space and three times the speed. Convenience is certainly not worth that much.

Also, this REALLY doesn't belong in User Submitted News. This is general DS discussion, or perhaps even Off-topic fodder.

9. webyugioh

Member webyugioh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Now if they ever made a MS Pro Duo 16GB for that price,
    my PSP would have a new card instantly.

10. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Hmm, I have a 4 gig SDHC for my cycloDS and its fine and all.
    Though I've always wanted to have that cool feeling having the entire retro game rom sets on the go xD
    Not to mention half or so of all the GBA games.
    I'm sure you could fit the entire US set or better minus some shovel ware.

I wonder what the total gigs the entire DS set woulod be at its end.
    If the theoreritcal limit of SDHC is 128gigs (The current limit is 16GB 128 is just a possibilty but has yet to be made.)
    Then I could just fit the entire DS rom set for on the go.
    But ya, thats just a dream.

I think I'd like to get a 16gig SDHC but I'd rather wait till it drops more.
    I'm good with a 4gig and I'd just fill a 16gig up with crud and forget wich I should delete next anyway.

Still though, would be fun to have a scenerio like, "Here, you can play my DS." "Cool thanks. What game you have in it." *long dramatic pause while explosions and giant robots go on outside the window.* "All of them!"

Ya, I'm a bit of a nerd.
    It's the gamer equivlent to the "It goes to eleven" thing. [​IMG]

11. xrM

Member xrM GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Your solution:

[​IMG]