1544 - Mario Golf Advance Tour (U)

Jikuty

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't played the game yet - but I have read a bunch of reviews. So far, reviewers have been saying that the game has a very easy first half and then gets a little harder in the second half of the game. They claimed that by the time it did get harder though, your golfer already had really, really good stats so it didn't prove to be much of a challenge anyways.

I'll flash this game as soon as I get my cart (probably tomorrow).

-Jikuty

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i would have said advance because of the rpglike elements but now that i can gain exp on toadstool tour thru linking back and forth it totally renewed toadstool tour for me. oh and btw i unlocked luigi by transfering the experience back to advance from playing 2 character matches on the gc i gained 200 something exp
smile.gif

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
it is very easy. especailly with save states
EVERY game is easy with save states.

As for this game, yea, it starts off pretty easy. After a while though, they can get pretty difficult, and your opponents get REALLY good. The RPG elements keep the game fresh over time though, such as getting to new areas, and trying to complete the many challenges it offers.

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question for you chilluns. I just purchased this game...but it was mighty expensive (34.99 at Gamestop...grr!) so I'm thinking about returning it and flashing this game for now. I know this is a game I'll want to have for a long time, so I'd like to know if I'd be able to take the save game off my flash cart (F2A 256 with Pogoshell) and then put it on my real Mario Golf: Advance Tour at a later date?
for the last time NO it will not work.. didnt we tell you this on irc like 5 times?

Deanwick

GBAtemp terror that flaps in the night!
Trophies
Website
batman.jypoly.fi
XP
Country
Finland
Okay, people wanted an honest opinion so here is a little run-down of the ups and downs of Mario Golf Advance Tour:

+Looks great
+REALLY compelling
+Easy to get into, hard to master fully
+Seems like a pretty long game
+In most situations, plays like a dream...
-...but in close encounters, the controls could use a little bit more sensitivity
-Pretty easy

In all, one of the best games on GBA, if not the best since Metroid Zero Mission. You don`t have to like the sport to like this game and enjoy it`s every aspect and who knows if it drives you to the greens afterwards anyway
wink.gif
From my golf-freaked POV, the score is 9,7/10, but all in all I`d give it 9/10 for golf-newbies and casual gamers. You`d miss one halluva good game if you miss this!

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Excellent, my number one most anticipated gba game is now out
happy.gif
I'll flash this to my cart as soon as possible.

hmm, now what's my new most anticipated game?...................Mario Tennis?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive beaten the mushroom tourney... but still those areas that were locked in the beginning (repairs etc) are still locked... and if u see the chars you have played vs, the last four has stars on them.. anyone been able to unlock the places and played those secret chars yet?
ohmy.gif

-mrc-

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Iam now Worldchampion in pressing A-Button and reading bullshit-storys. this game has nothing to do with golf.

Nintendo sucks

Mclaren_84314

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game and Mario vs Donkey Kong are the ony things on my flash card. Both are Highly addictive. With out a doubt two of the best games to come out in a long time!
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone