Hacking 11.8 Online

Itsblaze302

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on getting a new 2ds that is 11.8. I'm wondering if I install a cia will I be able to play online or will I be banned?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
I plan on getting a new 2ds that is 11.8. I'm wondering if I install a cia will I be able to play online or will I be banned?
as long as you do not cheat online you will be fine.....

no hacked pokemon while online etc you'll be fine

dont play games before release... you'll be fine

Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA
D

Deleted User

Dont enter the freeshop even though it dont work anymore. I heard attempting to download games with fake tickets will flag you

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright, it seems there's a lot of misinformation here so let's clear everything up by also citing some sources.
On a CFW'd 11.8 console:
  • You CAN visit the eShop and download stuff without getting banned. This will only apply to titles you legitimately own (see below for more info).
  • You CAN connect to the internet without being banned. However, Nintendo has had ways to tell if a 3DS is running homebrew since the dawn of time but so far only a single banwave has been issued, then silence. If you want to limit the amount of info Nintendo has on your 3DS, follow what the guide says (TL;DR disable SpotPass, sending of system information and friend notification settings) plus don't use CIA homebrew, use 3dsx and Rosalina instead.
  • You CAN play games online without being banned, both legit and pirated. The changes in 11.8 only affect two services, process9 and NIM, which work together to verify a ticket when downloading titles from the CDN. Again, this only affects the CDN, no verification is done when connecting online with a game which means that Nintendo has no way to tell if your game is pirated.
  • You CAN still install CIAs and they will be treated as any other game. CIA installs were not touched by the 11.8 update.
  • You CANNOT be banned for sending invalid requests to the CDN. Unlike the Switch, the 3DS does NOT send any console unique info when making CDN requests, meaning that even if you send an invalid ticket Nintendo has no way of knowing where it came from.
  • You CANNOT use Freeshop, FunKeyCIA, Villain3DS or any other CDN tool to download your games anymore. This wasn't true until recently as many games were still not restricted, but right now basically all titles with the exception of DLC and updates cannot be downloaded without a valid titlekey.
  • You CANNOT play unreleased games online, cheat via NTR in online matches or do pretty much everything you'd consider unreasonable without risking a ban. This is a given nowadays but "repetita iuvant".
Hope this helps :grog:

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can play online but will get banned not long after
No no no, that's misinformation! As long as you don't cheat or do anything stupid with online multiplayer you'll be fine

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dont enter the freeshop even though it dont work anymore. I heard attempting to download games with fake tickets will flag you
"Attempting to download" isn't the same as launching the application tho

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,

g4r37h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, it seems there's a lot of misinformation here so let's clear everything up by also citing some sources.
On a CFW'd 11.8 console:
  • You CAN visit the eShop and download stuff without getting banned. This will only apply to titles you legitimately own (see below for more info).
  • You CAN connect to the internet without being banned. However, Nintendo has had ways to tell if a 3DS is running homebrew since the dawn of time but so far only a single banwave has been issued, then silence. If you want to limit the amount of info Nintendo has on your 3DS, follow what the guide says (TL;DR disable SpotPass, sending of system information and friend notification settings) plus don't use CIA homebrew, use 3dsx and Rosalina instead.
  • You CAN play games online without being banned, both legit and pirated. The changes in 11.8 only affect two services, process9 and NIM, which work together to verify a ticket when downloading titles from the CDN. Again, this only affects the CDN, no verification is done when connecting online with a game which means that Nintendo has no way to tell if your game is pirated.
  • You CAN still install CIAs and they will be treated as any other game. CIA installs were not touched by the 11.8 update.
  • You CANNOT be banned for sending invalid requests to the CDN. Unlike the Switch, the 3DS does NOT send any console unique info when making CDN requests, meaning that even if you send an invalid ticket Nintendo has no way of knowing where it came from.
  • You CANNOT use Freeshop, FunKeyCIA, Villain3DS or any other CDN tool to download your games anymore. This wasn't true until recently as many games were still not restricted, but right now basically all titles with the exception of DLC and updates cannot be downloaded without a valid titlekey.
  • You CANNOT play unreleased games online, cheat via NTR in online matches or do pretty much everything you'd consider unreasonable without risking a ban. This is a given nowadays but "repetita iuvant".
Hope this helps :grog:

There's one thing I don't understand here.

On one hand you're saying that it's OK to install CIAs with FBI... but on the other, you're saying that we cannot download CIAs with FunKeyCIA etc.

But FunKeyCIA generates CIAs - which can be installed with FBI which is apparently safe. So on the one hand they should be fine, but on the other hand they are not.

Which is it? And perhaps more importantly, why?

Last edited by g4r37h,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia

On one hand you're saying that it's OK to install CIAs with FBI... but on the other, you're saying that we cannot download CIAs with FunKeyCIA etc.

But FunKeyCIA generates CIAs - which can be installed with FBI which is apparently safe. So on the one hand they should be fine, but on the other hand they are not.

nintendo has blocked the methods used for freeshop etc etc to download CIA files due to security checks

installing a CIA from any other source is not checked (even if the CIA was downloaded before the patch it's fine)

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

It's not because it's unsafe, in fact it's 100% safe since it creates a CIA which you have to manually install instead of downloading directly to the console, it's that apparently all the CDN games are locked, so they simply don't work anymore for games

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,
Reactions: g4r37h

g4r37h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not because it's unsafe, in fact it's 100% safe since it creates a CIA which you have to manually install instead of downloading directly to the console, it's that apparently all the CDN games are locked, so they simply don't work anymore for games

Gotcha. So it's not the installation process itself that is compromised (as was implied on the thread I read), but the actual downloading of the CIA in the first place that is broken.

OK, now it makes sense. So as long as we find a new way of getting the CIA, we're good.

Now I'm glad I backed up every CIA I downloaded. :) Though I see there's a couple of newer releases that I haven't grabbed. I'm not asking for sources since I know they can't be posted, but just a yes or no - are there any other known methods for getting CIAs for newly-released games? Or do we need to make CIAs out of purchased games?

Last edited by g4r37h,

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gotcha. So it's not the installation process itself that is compromised (as was implied on the thread I read), but the actual downloading of the CIA in the first place that is broken.

OK, now it makes sense. So as long as we find a new way of getting the CIA, we're good.

Now I'm glad I backed up every CIA I downloaded. :) Though I see there's a couple of newer releases that I haven't grabbed. I'm not asking for sources since I know they can't be posted, but just a yes or no - are there any other known methods for getting CIAs for newly-released games? Or do we need to make CIAs out of purchased games?
Well there's "that iso site" (if you Google it it actually appears in the results lol) and "that cia site", and also a lot others which are just a Google search away. And while they do require someone buying the game and dumping it, CIAs get posted almost instantly :P

Reactions: Hunter

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Other people here already cleared it out for you but I'm still going to reply.

What I meant in my post is that CDN tools no longer work for downloading games but installing CIAs is still fine. If you've already downloaded a CIA using one of the tools then it's still fine to install it on your 3DS, however CDN downloaders will no longer work from now on due to Nintendo's backend changes.

...There is an exception tho. It might just be a temporary thing as Nintendo even restricted free titles on the eShop but for the time being you can still download DLC and updates from the CDN no problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao