Homebrew 11.0 Dead end with entrypoints. Advice?

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not a newcomer?
Two weeks ago I didn't even know what CFW meant, tbh. I'm very new to this scene, and I only understood all of the essential information
after I had updated to the latest firmware :S.

While I knew it would be wise to not update, I still did, because I wanted to play online on smash bros and have eshop access. And like I said, I was unaware that
downgrading and hax were patched in the update.

So yeah, now I'm hoping for a second chance.
It's fine. Just try not to update again.

Rasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Deleted member 387460

superuser
OP
Trophies
XP
ok, use this guide:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/
and replace one of the pcap files in the helper with the one from this link:
https://a.pomf.cat/sqvujq.pcap

if it worked, use it to patch the game save of a Pokemon OR/AS cart. this way you can have a "more permanent" entrypoint.
Guide seems really helpful, actually. Thanks!
Sadly, I don't have pokemon OR/AS, nor do I have any other 3ds pokemon games.
I had a three year period of not touching my 3ds, only now my love for the thing has been reawakened.
So I've missed out on many games :/

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well your second chance should be saving up $50 and sending it to someone who can hardmod your new 3ds xl. As for your old 3ds, you can still downgrade it since it's on 10.7

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My o3ds has a nnid linked to freakyforms -- the original. Non deluxe.
I have to wait for plutoo to port it over :P
If I were you, I'd actually try to get a copy while they're still $10: Having a physical copy can be valuable to you or someone near you, anyway!

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I were you, I'd actually try to get a copy while they're still $10: Having a physical copy can be valuable to you or someone near you, anyway!
He can't XD
I would, if only I didn't live 50km from the nearest toy store x_x
Definitely over 100km to a dedicated game store.
Norway, y'know?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, I'm checking google maps. The nearest GameStop is 430 kilometres.
Yeeeeaah.

With Norway's landscape, it's almost a three hour drive.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't you just use smashhax to install whatever you need to make another entrypoint? You could just set up a CFW then and install the homebrew launcher CIA.
I've run into a dead end. I can no longer run any form of homebrew longer on my old 3ds
nor my n3dsxl.

o3ds: 10.7, no a9lh
n3dsxl: 11.0, no a9lh
:(

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep! Already pulled from the EUR eShop....
Thanks for the info, dang. Yeah, OP will either have to make do with OoThax on O3DS (get a powersaves so they can manage between O3DS 10.7 and N3DS 11.0 payloads) or order a physical copy of freakyforms deluxe EU and hope it's available

OP could also attempt to downgrade their 10.7 O3DS... one shot.... but then they won't need powersaves and have a permanent hack solution on their O3DS. Chances are, though, if you are already considering buying a powersaves, you might as well attempt the downgrade and see what happens first, because you might not end up needing it at all.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
His new 3ds is on 11.0, so he need a hardmod to downgrade it...
Ah I see what you mean, he wouldn't be able to set up A9LH without being able to downgrade and has no other way to enter a CFW without the smash beacon. So I guess there is no other entrypoint besides Freakyforns available to OP.

However, don't despair because smea is in the process of fixing oothax IIRC.

There is also an exploit for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon if OP has that.

Reactions: RealityNinja

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see what you mean, he wouldn't be able to set up A9LH without being able to downgrade and has no other way to enter a CFW without the smash beacon. So I guess there is no other entrypoint besides Freakyforns available to OP.

However, don't despair because smea is in the process of fixing oothax IIRC.

There is also an exploit for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon if OP has that.
But the thing is, they have to keep switching the payload between their O3DS and N3DS, and if they ever accidentally flash a payload that doesn't work on either, they'll have to buy a powersaves.
I would still suggest attempting the downgrade on the O3DS and hope it works, then, after smealum posts the update, use the hacked O3DS to update the OoT payload for the N3DS and continue using it on the N3DS.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
But the thing is, they have to keep switching the payload between their O3DS and N3DS, and if they ever accidentally flash a payload that doesn't work on either, they'll have to buy a powersaves.
I would still suggest attempting the downgrade on the O3DS and hope it works, then, after smealum posts the update, use the hacked O3DS to update the OoT payload for the N3DS and continue using it on the N3DS.
I'm pretty sure you can flash two different payloads since the game has 3 save slots.

Deleted member 387460

superuser
OP
Trophies
XP
I think I read somewhere that oothax only functioned with one save file present, but it could be old information, though.

Anyway, yeah, I'm pretty much waiting for smea to repair oothax. Once I have it as an entrypoint again (and if I can in fact use two different saves, which would be awesome), I'll back up my saves, do a system transfer and install v*hax, because it is a pretty nice entrypoint.

I'm not sure if I want to risk downgrading my o3ds just yet, but we'll see. Right now though, I'm depending on smea. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv