11.0.33 soft downgrade question...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by astrangeone, Aug 2, 2016.

1. astrangeone
    OP

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    I'm reading how to do the soft downgrade, and it says in "Section VI - Restoring 3DS #1" that you have to sign in to your NNID on your system before restoring the NAND. What if I don't want to restore the NNID - that is, I'm actually transferring the NNID to the non-hacked system?

I usually keep my other system without an NNID because I don't buy stuff on it.

2. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    There shouldn't be a problem with that. I mean, it doesn't matter if you don't sign in a NNID.

3. astrangeone
    OP

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Perfect. Thank you very much.

4. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    What could happen, though, is that you won't be able to access anything NNID related. For removing it, try this:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo...t-use-this-nintendo-network-id-on-this-system

Making it short, just enter the NNID settings, it will throw you an error, press and hold X and Y while pressing the OK button, and you're done. You'll be able to access the eShop without NNID. This is useful if you want to install tickets, or things like that.

5. astrangeone
    OP

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Good to know.