Homebrew 11.0.0.33 A9 Kernel exploit being worked on!

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the difference between k9 and k11 exploits?
I didn't really see a good answer here, so I'll just explain.
k9 is an arm9 exploit. This is what allows the fun stuff, like CFW, non-legit CIAs, emuNAND, and more. Technically, arm9 has a userland and kernel mode, but since arm9 userland has access to a syscall that literally "takes whatever code you pass in and executes it in kernel mode" (quoted from the 32c3 conference) taking over arm9 userland is enough to take over kernel9 (k9) and compromise the entire console.

Matson25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
He still hasn't released soundhax yet, so he'll probably release it with an arm9 and arm11 kernel exploit.
And i believe the music App would be annoying to fix right? Because since it's a NAND app they could just update the 3ds and just update that... Coulud be not the most useful thing

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And i believe the music App would be annoying to fix right? Because since it's a NAND app they could just update the 3ds and just update that... Coulud be not the most useful thing
They could fix it with an update, but for the time that it is available it will be the best entry point because all you have to do is put a file on your SD card for it to work. It will also work on previous firmwares. After it is patched out, it might not be possible to find an exploit in the sound app again, but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Kloklopfer

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why dont you people just say that its fake so people who read this thread wont spam him with "releas it nao" messages and when the last update of the 3ds is out he releases the exploit. Who cares if someone says its fake or not because when he publishes it everyone can see that its real or if he dont that its fake. Less trouble for everyone

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
You seriously have no idea what you are talking about. If you are trying to pose to skeptical side of this topic, then you are doing poorly at it.
First of all, we've seen fake hacks before in the past where someone has launched a through HANS then closed the game. This is not one of those moments. It's very obvious how the homebrew launcher was launched.
Second, it's obvious that wasn't an injection
Third, you bring up that it's fake, but haven't brought up any evidence to prove it's fake.

With that new profile pic I have a hard time paying attention to your posts.

Jokes aside, I want to believe. I haven't read the thread. Having the userspace exploit launched in luma doesn't help me to believe.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why dont you people just say that its fake so people who read this thread wont spam him with "releas it nao" messages and when the last update of the 3ds is out he releases the exploit. Who cares if someone says its fake or not because when he publishes it everyone can see that its real or if he dont that its fake. Less trouble for everyone
I don't think demeaning someone's reputation when they have proven themselves capable of such feats is a solution to anything. Some people just need to learn to take stuff with a grain of salt and be patient, or you know develop their own exploit.

Kloklopfer

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think demeaning someone's reputation when they have proven themselves capable of such feats is a solution to anything. Some people just need to learn to take stuff with a grain of salt and be patient, or you know develop their own exploit.
If i would make an exploit i wouldnt care about those 200 noobs thinking im not capable of not doing it as long as the people who know their stuff know that im skilled enough to do it. In the end those 200 noobs will be proven wrong and the people who know his work and skills knew it before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.