Homebrew 10.4.0-29 Update Guide

Pikm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my system to 10.4.0-29U. When updating, make sure you have the 10.4 payload if you're using a cartridge launcher (Ironhax is broken), and make sure you have Menuhax 2.2 installed on the homebrew launcher. When updating, you may receive the Black Screen Of Death after completing the update. If this happens, remove you SD card from the system, and launch your system on purely just System Memory. Once you've booted into your Home Menu, reinsert your SD card, and watch, relieved, as your downloads (including Legit Cias) reappear. (This is all from my person experience)
Menuhax WORKS as soon as you install v2.2
Oot3dhax WORKS if you updated the payload
Browserhax WORKS on both New and Old 3DS
Ironhax is DEAD, because you have to update it to receive 10.4.0-29
Ninjhax (pretty sure) WORKS w/ new payload. (Keep in mind I dont actually have Ninjhax.)

Edit: Changed the word sysNAND to Home Menu because confusion.

Last edited by Pikm,

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i just stay at 10.3 or should i just update to 10.4? I dont intend on installing emunand on my system

Pikm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i just stay at 10.3 or should i just update to 10.4? I dont intend on installing emunand on my system
If you want to install things from the eshop, then yes. Other than that, you can run any new games that come out through HANS on 10.3.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do not update to 10.4 you will be locked out of everything
No, all the hax were reinstated today. The only thing patched was the kernel exploit.

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go update, it's such a waste of good 3ds without emunand
I have a o3dsxl with emunand and whatnot, but I also have a n3ds that ive been using for all of my "legit" games as well as retroarch emulation. that's why im asking.
I guess i'll stay at 10.3 for now anyways just so the option is there for downgrading

Pikm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a o3dsxl with emunand and whatnot, but I also have a n3ds that ive been using for all of my "legit" games as well as retroarch emulation. that's why im asking.
I guess i'll stay at 10.3 for now anyways just so the option is there for downgrading
You're pretty much set on 10.3 for a while. The only motivation for upgrading to 10.4 is eShop downloading, but you can just downgrade to 9.2 and get CFW for downloading games instead.

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You're pretty much set on 10.3 for a while. The only motivation for upgrading to 10.4 is eShop downloading, but you can just downgrade to 9.2 and get CFW for downloading games instead.
You can access eshop with CFW too, so downgrading is a better option

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
should i just stay at 10.3 or should i just update to 10.4? I don't intend on installing emunand on my system
Sorry to say it, but this is an idiotic way of thinking. I was the same because I was frustrated with CFW and downgraded from 10.3 > 9.2 to find myself updating to 10.3 again. Later I wanted to try again, downgraded from 1.3 > 9.2 (once more) and successfully booted emuNAND.

My point is, now that I have an emuNAND, I have long forgotten sysNAND. I haven't boot into it for weeks. It's beneficial to you to create an emuNAND. You can literally play whatever you want and if you somehow destroy emuNAND, you can start again(alas from scratch but you won't have a brick)

inb4, you can stay on sysNAND and let us join our unlimited games on our emuNANDs. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Skill issue.