Homebrew ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (10.3 Kernel Hax PoC)

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of mentality causes people to withhold this stuff?

Yay, you did it. so what?
The SALT team has been working on it since March and has been finding exploits (private) and putting a lot of info to 3dbrew. They're being very open with SALT right know so I wouldn't be suprised if they give us exploit info or something of the sort. BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE DO NOT ASK FOR IT
This goes for anyone who wants the CFW. It'll come when/if it will come.

chrisluna413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Showing something like that and not releasing has no use whatever. Just a waste of space on youtube if you ask me. What are you going to lose releasing it when its probaly gonna be patched in the next FW release
Nah, not really. Don't let your saltiness blind you. It's nice to know someone managed to do it.

What kind of mentality causes people to withhold this stuff?

Yay, you did it. so what?
That's simply it, assuming they hold it back. It's cool that someone did it is all. Why do people have to be upset about it?

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not asking for it.

As I was going to say in the other thread about this, I will appreciate the Team when and if they release their code.
until then, it's an utterly worthless endeavour, and we should instead praise and celebrate those who actually publish their code, however good it may be.

Thus: Props to people like Steveice10, D0K3, Dark_Samus3, etc.

Last edited by muskieratboi,
Reactions: bones123

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, not really. Don't let your saltiness blind you. It's nice to know someone managed to do it.

That's simply it, assuming they hold it back. It's cool that someone did it is all. Why do people have to be upset about it?

Whatever may come of this, I've always thought it's silly to show something that results in nothing. Much like a trailer of an unreleased game. Better to show nothing and stay silent than to show something that will result in nothing.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They are intentionally trying to fuel a reaction by provoking the public with the "salt" exploit. An announcement would have been fine, but, assuming this is a real exploit, the video is really immature.

Reactions: verifyvenuz

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are intentionally trying to fuel a reaction by provoking the public with the "salt" exploit. An announcement would have been fine, but, assuming this is a real exploit, the video is really immature.
They've always posted those kind of videos. Now they're sorta shoving it in. I doubt there is going to be anything of it soon but I could be wrong. Then again, I could be right. I think it's best to look at what we have instead of what we don't have. We still gotta work on downgrading~!

chrisluna413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or you're jumping the gun or blinded by some bias. It was just posted. wtf do you know? why make an assumption so soon?

Whatever may come of this, I've always thought it's silly to show something that results in nothing. Much like a trailer of an unreleased game. Better to show nothing and stay silent than to show something that will result in nothing.
Um ok, but it literally just came out. People are just bias or greedy. Wait and see.

Last edited by chrisluna413,
Reactions: Zidapi

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just private stuff that won't ever get released. 9.5+ N3DS emuNAND, too.
I dunno. SALT team has posted a lot of info on 3Dbrew nowadays, and I wouldn't expect them to do all this hard work to laugh at us for not having it as they actually give us info about stuff. They are seeming pretty generous atm.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or you're jumping the gun or blinded by some bias. It was just posted. wtf do you know? why make an assumption so soon?
Are you implying they aren't trying to provoke the general public with this video? A tease of a possible exploit calling it "SALT" and a troll title on the video? I think that the more we give this video attention, it will only create unneccessary drama.

There's a difference between "I managed to do it" and "Hey guys I have this and you don't"

EDIT: More importantly, how do you know for sure this is real?

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
If i'm not wrong, looking on some people in this SALT team, they're the same team which was working on KARL3DS ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-karl3ds-kernel-access-on-n3ds-via-ninjhax-loadcode.382113/) and (during KARL3DS hype train) they just showed videos and videos without releasing anything (oh wait, a pretty unstable version of a bootstrap for memchunkhax was released by them but it became useless after few days with the release of libkhax and brahma) so, don't hype too much, probably someone other will release something before them (also this piece of code could also be a simple continuation of KARL3DS which will be not compatible with latest firmware (?)).

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i'm not wrong, looking on some people in this SALT team, they're the same team which was working on KARL3DS ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-karl3ds-kernel-access-on-n3ds-via-ninjhax-loadcode.382113/) and (during KARL3DS hype train) they just showed videos and videos without releasing anything (oh wait, a pretty unstable version of a bootstrap for memchunkhax was released by them but it became useless after few days with the release of libkhax and brahma) so, don't hype too much, probably someone other will release something before them (also this piece of code could also be a simple continuation of KARL3DS which will be not compatible with latest firmware (?)).
I suppose end user stuff, not so plentiful in releases but their debugging and research has been filling up 3dbrew for months.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If not anyone else, there's always Gateway. I just hope whatever they do won't require the red card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.