0x7000 byte on a possibly patched switch.

throwr4rwin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
1678481781768.png

My v1 switch with serial number XAW70020065 shows up as possibly patched on ismyswitchpatched. When injecting a payload i usually receive a 0x0000, but this I did some stupid shit as a last ditch effort and decided to just copy the binary in the payload and paste it at the bottom of the file, doubling its size. And surprisingly enough, doing that returned a 0x7000 but nothing happened on the switch's screen. Am I getting at something here or is it just a fluke?

Reactions: impeeza

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 358352

My v1 switch with serial number XAW70020065 shows up as possibly patched on ismyswitchpatched. When injecting a payload i usually receive a 0x0000, but this I did some stupid shit as a last ditch effort and decided to just copy the binary in the payload and paste it at the bottom of the file, doubling its size. And surprisingly enough, doing that returned a 0x7000 but nothing happened on the switch's screen. Am I getting at something here or is it just a fluke?
That's because you're not supposed to use the website to check serial numbers. Its been proven many times its highly inaccurate. If you check this thread which is what you're supposed to be checking, it says something completely different from the website. All you're getting at is you and nobody else should ever use ismyswitchedpatched.come anymore and only use that thread.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
doubling its size.
Space possible to use for payloads is around 120kB (don't remember exact size). If you push bigger payload, unexpected shit is happening. That's why no payload is bigger than that.

Beside it won't be executed anyway because space before payload is initialized with infinite loops (instead of NOPs like in unpatched units), so execution stucks before it would reach payload.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I agree the Bad Dragon has the weirdest fans lol +1