Recent content by The Real Jdbye

  1. The Real Jdbye

    Misc I now own a piece of Wii's history!

    What you have there doesn't appear to have anything to do with that competition. For one, it's not autographed. But more importantly, a quick Google search suggests a shikishi is one of these: ...Which, as you can see, does not bear much resemblance to what you have there. Those fans were...
  2. The Real Jdbye

    Both Phoenix Wright and Story of Seasons are getting VR ports

    Finally, I can point my finger and slam the table in VR.
  3. The Real Jdbye

    Last Seen Movie

    Send Help Went off the rails, both of the main characters are batshit crazy. Overall decent.
  4. The Real Jdbye

    Where do you prefer playing Switch 1 games?

    The missing option: Emulators. If a game has a Switch 2 edition, I'll play it on Switch 2. If not, Switch 1 games both look and run better on emulators vs original hardware.
  5. The Real Jdbye

    Good experiences with customer service?

    When an online store gave me a full refund on my RMA'd RTX 2080 Super, that was pretty sweet. The card was worth much less than half of that used. I immediately put that money towards a 4070 Ti I would not have been able to afford otherwise. I've had a few experiences like that but not on large...
  6. The Real Jdbye

    Denuvo is taking legal action against the game cracker known as “Voices38”

    I just don't play games with denuvo. I don't want that crap on my PC. I'll wait until the devs remove denuvo or there is a leaked denuvoless build, as often happens. Or I'll just play it on switch, or not play it at all.
  7. The Real Jdbye

    Denuvo is taking legal action against the game cracker known as “Voices38”

    Modern cracks don't remove denuvo though. They just trick it into passing the hwid checks to think your license is valid.
  8. The Real Jdbye

    Reupdated Black holes mentioned in the Bible before modern science?

    Oh no, he's back again. tl;dr see a therapist.
  9. The Real Jdbye

    How would you improve Twilight Princess?

    I did, click the spoiler tag ;)
  10. The Real Jdbye

    Paper Mario PC port "Paper Boat" gets its first public release

    Very true. People love to blame AI for poor quality code when the reality is that people are not checking the code they are putting into their projects. It's easy to brush it aside as "AI bad", but that responsibility falls solely on the developers. You have to go over and understand any code...
  11. The Real Jdbye

    Denuvo is taking legal action against the game cracker known as “Voices38”

    This is an intimidation tactic. I don't think they actually expect to find the person behind it, but they only need to scare them into going quiet in order to win. The lawsuit can't go anywhere until they have a suspect. If the person made sure to practice good opsec, which you would hope, this...
  12. The Real Jdbye

    Steam Frame price revealed, waiting open until 17th September

    Not unreasonable, considering the Valve Index was $999, and that's just a PCVR headset, with no built in processing or tracking. The controller tech doesn't appear to be quite as advanced as the Knuckles but the Knuckles are also fragile and unreliable. You can get individual finger tracking...
  13. The Real Jdbye

    Misc I make switch jigs with my teeth

    Ok, now do it hands free using your tongue. Then I'll be impressed.
  14. The Real Jdbye

    How would you improve Twilight Princess?

    It's a flawed game, but maybe that's OK. I'd improve the graphics and fix up the controls in the boat minigame so that it's not rage inducing to actually try to beat it. Those are my main complaints. At the end of the day it would still be a flawed game, but I don't think there's any fixing...
  15. The Real Jdbye

    Question Does the Internet Archive count as a "warez" site?

    You don't actually believe that piracy is theft, do you? That has been thoroughly debunked and was never more than a marketing ploy to begin with. It's a meme. Piracy is many things, and everybody has their own opinion on whether/when it's justifiable, but theft is not one of them. Not according...