Recent content by MRHYDE3891

  1. M

    GBA sound suddenly gone and black and white

    An update incase anyone ever reads this. I have another working GBA with a slightly damaged IPS screen so I was able to swap the boards around this morning to do some investigation. The board from the broken GBA was able to produce a colour screen with no sound which tells me there are 2...
  2. M

    GBA sound suddenly gone and black and white

    So the new capacitors arrived and unfortunately it’s no different. Still black and white and still no sound. Gutted! Going back to when it went wrong. I usually use rechargeable batteries. When they died, rather than wait for them to charge I put in some of Duracells latest and most powerful...
  3. M

    GBA sound suddenly gone and black and white

    I’d read that holding the touch sensor and holding start or select would switch it between different colour modes but it didn’t help. Remember that all sound has gone to so I was fairly sure it’s not that. I’m feeling confident that new capacitors will fix it having seen how much it helped my...
  4. M

    GBA sound suddenly gone and black and white

    I bought the GBA already modded off EBay about 6 months ago so I’m not certain to be honest. It’s the one with the touch sensor for brightness if that helps. My capacitors still haven’t arrived in the post yet. We have postal strikes over here at the moment, so no updates on that yet.
  5. M

    GBA sound suddenly gone and black and white

    Thanks for replying. I ordered some capacitors this morning. I’ll check the ribbon connection at the same time. I’m thinking the ribbon must just be for the screen so considering my sound has gone to I’m hoping the new capacitors will fix it. Fingers crossed. I’ll post an update after I’ve done it.
  6. M

    GBA sound suddenly gone and black and white

    Hi, using my modded GBA(IPS Screen) just now and the batteries died on me. Changed the batteries and the screen is now black and white and there is no sound. Any ideas on a fix would be massively appreciated. 1670437164 I’m starting to suspect that it’s gonna need new capacitors just like my GBC...
  7. M

    Modded GBC audio help please

    Yeah I didn’t have any alcohol and decided to opt for replacing rather than cleaning incase cleaning didn’t work. Probably should have gone with cleaning as replacing the volume dial was really quite tricky but it works so I’m happy.
  8. M

    Modded GBC audio help please

    I thought I’d add an update incase anyone ever looks at this thread. Replacing the modded speaker with a normal one removed the ringing noise but then it was too quiet. Replacing the capacitors fixed this. Replacing the volume control stopped it sounding like an old radio when changing the...
  9. M

    Modded GBC audio help please

    Thanks anyway.
  10. M

    Modded GBC audio help please

    Hi thanks for replying. I have Sound issues through speaker and headphones. Though the high pitch whine is only through the speaker I think I’ll have to check again. I found something on YouTube this morning which has made me think I need to change the volume control dial so I’ve ordered one of...
  11. M

    Modded GBC audio help please

    Hi, I recently bought a modded GBC from eBay and I’m quite disappointed. It has a nice IPS screen although I can see some dust underneath, the battery life is ridiculous. I usually use high powered rechargeable AA’s in my modded GBAs but for this they don’t seem to have enough power. I’ve...