OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been searching the forum for a couple of days now, and I can't seem to find a clear answer.

I have an EDGE card and an EZ Flash V 3-in-1 and a copy of Rudolph's wonderful GBAExploader .057. I want to make full use of my 3-in-1 (PSRAM, NOR, Rumble, Memory) from my EDGE. What do I need to do?

I have used the 3-in-1 successfully with my DSTT and my M3DSSimply, so I know that everything is technically working correctly.

At present, I can play GBA games from my EDGE to my 3-in-1. I cannot, however, use the Rumble and Memory features.

I think that it may have something to do with the ability to soft reset the EDGE. I had to create a "SOFTRESET.DSTT" file from my "DSTT.DAT" file to make this work on the DSTT. Do I need to do something similar on the EDGE? What would the file need to be named? And, if this is not the case, what do I have to do?

I appreciate any help I can get in making this work.

-GM

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not aware of a 'SoftReset.EDGE' file that actually works. There are, however, ways around the lack of EDGE support in GBA ExpLoader.

The Browser can simply be patched to use the 3-in-1 automatically. You can get the patch here: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4262

For rumble, there is a standalone rumble patcher that doesn't work very well (it causes glitches, and some games won't start after they've been patched), but it does let you set the 3-in-1 to rumble mode by starting a game that it has patched. After that, you can just soft reset back to the EDGE menu and start the game you want to use rumble with.

It doesn't matter if the game you use actually supports rumble, so you can just pick any game that trims down to a small file and use it as your rumble enabler app. You can get the Rumble patcher here: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4767

GodMedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, guys.

It's been a bit disappointing to not get my EDGE to work with my 3-in-1. I know about those workarounds, but it just seems to be a bit too much to have to do, especially when I can use one of my other cards without them.

I really prefer the EDGE to my M3DSS and my wife uses the DSTT all the time. Hopefully this will be worked out soon.

Thanks again.

cavallier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
krazykirk said:
I think there is a soft reset file inside the EDGE version of Moonshell, which you can probably steal and use.

Hi, I already downloaded the patch for opera, but I don´t know how to apply it. Can you help me?

Thanks

Bicky 51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GodMedia how did you get your ezflash v 3 in 1 working with dstt my rumble & expansion ram functions are not working in games.

my setup is as follows:
slot 1: dstt with 8gb micro sd
slot 2: ezflash v 3 in 1
ds: nintendo ds lite

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8