Hacking XP DOES NOT DETECT NCARD

oldie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Could someone advise me. I bought this ncard set some time ago (like this set : http://www.buy4ds.co.uk/how_to_use_ncard.php#useit) and everything is ok until section 5. There will be only USB mode or MENU to be chosen - no NCARD option on DS screen available. So I choose USB mode (usb cable is connected and DS turned on) but XP does not detect it. I have tried with 3 different computer and with 3 different usb cables. In USB mode the screen on ds is black except white font writing USB DISK V1.45(8G). If chosen MENU then blue screen appears showing no content except text STABLE2.53 NCARD (0/0) and date and time info. Could someone explain step by step what to do in order to get XP to detect this NCARD and I can start move games on that card. Thanks in advance!

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The 5th step is just the Menu of the Nintendo DS Firmware, where you can select to start DS Cardridge or GBA Cardridge - This is skipable if you set it in the firmware config, it doesn't matter on your problem. You just seem to have enabled auto-boot-DS-Cardridge. So you skip that step

That nothing appears by starting the menu is normal since you haven't copied anything to the card yet, but It's good that there is no error (The firmware doesn't seem to be damaged ;> )

Hm, now to the USB Problem =| Did you've tried all your USB ports ? Iv heard that hubs won't work (not sure about it).
+ On my PC only the back-ports recognize the N-Card.
Just go into the USB-Disk mode and try every port... it's not needed to restart the DS for every port, if the PC recognized the N-Card there should be a sound and the standart "New device found" bouble.

---
There is no Driver-Install needed, when you PC recognized the N-Card its installed automatical and you will have a new Device installed - afaik no way to do it manualy

~~~

Do you maybe have access to some other Laptop/PC ? If yes you could try it there :x

oldie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Tried total of 13 usb ports; none of them hubs... 7 port from notebooks and rest from pc - front and backpanel. No detection what so ever...so frustrating...Any other hint to offer?

Hermessz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Happened to me.
After tons of trying, I reliezed the problem is the GBA cart, just hold up the connector in the GBA cart while it's in, what I mean, move the USB connector in the GBA cart while it's connected, then wait too see if the windows gets it.
I remind you, it happened to me, then I replaced that N-card (I use DS Fire card, a clone of it) and I got a work one.
Try that, if not, go to the store.

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Boolbla said:
Happened to me.
After tons of trying, I reliezed the problem is the GBA cart, just hold up the connector in the GBA cart while it's in, what I mean, move the USB connector in the GBA cart while it's connected, then wait too see if the windows gets it.
I remind you, it happened to me, then I replaced that N-card (I use DS Fire card, a clone of it) and I got a work one.
Try that, if not, go to the store.

Signed~ USB Connector seems to be damaged, can't image that the problems depend on smth. else.

The only other thing I could think of would be to clean the contacts of your Linker and the Slot 1 card

oldie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello all and thanks for your comments. Luckily - at the time of purchase I bought one extra set to my friend and got hold of that today - and with that XP did detect the unit! So the USB GBA Linker is faulty one and I need to get replacement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill