New Wii Update

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
What has been added to this update? And is it safe to try this out on my modded Wii with Wiikey? I am kinda afraid to try this out myself but who isnt.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
it supposedly contains a update for the photo channel and a new feature in the wii shop channel to send VC games to other users in your own region, completely pointless
frown.gif
the newest photo channel uses aac music format now instead of mp3, i think it will effect games too so you will have to convert the songs into aac aswell.

now we have to find out if nintendo has tried to block anything like freeloaders action replays or boot discs like before, they have done it once, it's possible they will do it again so i will wait for confirmation before i update.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Sending Virtual Console games. Very easy to give away birthsday gifts without actually going to the crappy party. Only I will never use it probaly but its not a gimmick.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh, and Pokémon Snap is also out on US and PAL regions.

Playing it right now! I used the Wii Points I got from my Star Points.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A potential use for the Gift Channel I can see is for two people to "Trade" Virtual Console games after they get bored. Kinda like how I am with Super Castlevania IV. But then there's the risk of a jackass not holding up and just holding on to the first game and not sending his...

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the newest photo channel uses aac music format now instead of mp3

Are you sure it doesn't support mp3 anymore? They've (you've) already paid the licensing fees to use it, so why would they remove it?
It's for the newer Wii's. Wii's bought after november 2007 will have this update.

Seems like a rather odd move. While AAC might be on the rise, pretty much any device that can play audio files will play MP3. Not that it phases me anyway, I don't use it for playback, and according to a post I've read elsewhere, you can delete some file and it reverts back to playing mp3s.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wonder if you can trade games with someone from the USA. If you can their maybe a scam with getting cheap wii games. As the points cards are a lot cheaper in the USA.

Britprog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if you can trade games with someone from the USA. If you can their maybe a scam with getting cheap wii games. As the points cards are a lot cheaper in the USA.

Apparently you can only send games to people in you own country not region. That means someone in France cannot send a gift to a person in the UK, or the other way round even though both countries are in the same region. You will need to change your country in your Wii settings to get it work.

Also you can't send a game from an EU with to a US wii.

As for the AAC update they give you an option to go back to mp3 if you wish.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it and has a WiiKey. I gifted the Everybody Votes Channel to mthrnite. Don't tell him though, it's a surprise!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1