Hacking Pokemon FR LG on 3-in-1

mkoo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've recently Got my 3in1 but I have problems.
I'm Using Ez Flash 3in1 with R4 (With Rudolph's Tool 1.9b)
I SRAM patched Pokemon Emerald with GBATA and Pokepatch v2 to Pearl and it works.
Problem is Fire Red and Leaf Green. Whatever I do I got "save file is corrupt" message at Fire Red or Leaf Green.
And this prevents D/P migration.
I tried not to Patch rom it can't save that way.
Also I tried this with 1.0 and 1.1 releases both have problems.
A simillar problem occurs when you save game on VBA with 64k save option selected but I doubt it's the case here.
any ideas?

roflmywaffle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBATA can patch games with savetypes up to 64K flash.

The EZ4 Client is needed to patch games with 128K flash types (like Pokemon Pearl)

Patch it in the EZ4 client and you should be good to go.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to write the game to the 3-in-1 in NOR mode for the patched version of Pearl to find it's save, and as roflmywaffle said, patch it with the EZ4 Client instead of GBATA.

If you're trying to load a 64K save, you'll need to convert it to a 128K save. I posted instructions for doing that here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=533...ndpost&p=695842

In general, you should patch every game with GBATA if possible. Only patch with the EZ4 Client if you absolute have to. Games patched with the EZ4 Client will quite often cause lost saves when you run them from PSRAM with Rudolph's 3in1 Tool. If you patch a game with the EZ4 Client, you can only safely run it from NOR. (Sorry for the bold, but that's important.)

The EZ4 Client is needed to patch games with 128K flash types (like Pokemon Pearl)
That's not quite right. GBATA can patch any GBA game, but it converts 128K saves to 64K saves. This actually works with most games that use 128k flash saves, including the pokemon games. The problem here is that Pearl is looking for a 128K save, so patching with GBATA will not work.

mkoo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need to write the game to the 3-in-1 in NOR mode for the patched version of Pearl to find it's save, and as roflmywaffle said, patch it with the EZ4 Client instead of GBATA.

If you're trying to load a 64K save, you'll need to convert it to a 128K save. I posted instructions for doing that here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=533...ndpost&p=695842

In general, you should patch every game with GBATA if possible. Only patch with the EZ4 Client if you absolute have to. Games patched with the EZ4 Client will quite often cause lost saves when you run them from PSRAM with Rudolph's 3in1 Tool. If you patch a game with the EZ4 Client, you can only safely run it from NOR. (Sorry for the bold, but that's important.)

That's not quite right. GBATA can patch any GBA game, but it converts 128K saves to 64K saves. This actually works with most games that use 128k flash saves, including the pokemon games. The problem here is that Pearl is looking for a 128K save, so patching with GBATA will not work.

bow.gif
It worked ... I had 6 games with 64k saves which I couldn't use. Thanks so much
bow.gif
(Well actually I couln't test migration due to 24 hours rule but it seems good)
Edit: I "overcome" 24 hour restriction It works
smile.gif
Now I wish Legit Pearl game card could see Ez 3in1. Am I pushing my luck? (for the record I tried Emerald and works perfectly)

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now I wish Legit Pearl game card could see Ez 3in1. Am I pushing my luck?
Two options:
1) Get a legit cart of the GBA pokemon game, transfer your save to it, and then migrate to the legit DS game.
2) Do all the migrating you want to do on the flashcarts, then transfer the save from the Pearl ROM to the legit Pearl cart.

You will never be able to get the legit copy of Pearl to access the save on the 3-in-1.

mkoo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Two options:
1) Get a legit cart of the GBA pokemon game, transfer your save to it, and then migrate to the legit DS game.
2) Do all the migrating you want to do on the flashcarts, then transfer the save from the Pearl ROM to the legit Pearl cart.

You will never be able to get the legit copy of Pearl to access the save on the 3-in-1.
I considered 2nd option but I couldn't convert R4 save to Raw save.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The R4 save format is raw saves, padded out to a 512KB file. The DS Pokemon games use 512KB saves anyway, so the R4 save and the save on the legit cart are already in the same format. No conversion is needed.

mkoo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The R4 save format is raw saves, padded out to a 512KB file. The DS Pokemon games use 512KB saves anyway, so the R4 save and the save on the legit cart are already in the same format. No conversion is needed.
When you send your D/P save with savsender you got a 256k save file
unsure.gif

I tried sending back 512k R4 save with savsender I seemed ok but when I launched game it resumed from original save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated