Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

Wiikey Config Disc 1.3 Released

Enable GameCube Region Free, New dvdDump

wiikey-holo.jpg

The long awaited Wiikey 1.3 config disc has now been released. Along with the new config disc the Wiikey Team have also decided to officially support the 1.9b update as they are now hosting the update and recovery disc on their website directly.

After upgrading to 1.9b you will be able to use the new config disc to enable GameCube region-free as well as take advantage of an updated version of dvdDump. There is currently no change log as what what has been changed with the dumping program.

Wiikey Team said:

Full GC regionfree

Boots GC imports directly using a small apploader hook to setup the
correct video mode. Make sure you also enable the basic region feature,
thats what gets you through the wii menu in the first place. Unlike a
real GC, the NTSC Wii doesnt output PAL50. That means the game may
run but theres no picture. PAL60 games will work, however you need to
enable it. The common way to bring up the "use PAL60?" dialog on a
game is to hold B while booting. Forcing to NTSC may work as well. PAL consoles output NTSC just fine.

download.gif
Download

icon11.gif
Wiikey Homepage

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
awesome, will download the config disc right now then
biggrin.gif
i thought they would not release anything at all, hopefully this will mean i wont have to use gcos to boot my american gamecube games anymore.

edit: don't worry, got it.

edit: another edit, where is the config disc? i only See the update files and the recovery disc on their website? and yeah its taking ages to get to thier website, can anyone host the config disc on gbatemp?

Pouchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the full GC region free works also on PAL Wiis for NTSC GC games.

They only talk about the other way (NTSC Wii and PAL GC games, which is far less interesting
wink.gif
)

With Wiikey v1.2, a lot of GC NTSC games started at 50hz on PAL Wiis, and so were crashing after a few seconds or were very buggy

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah! About time! No crappy disc swapping needed for me anymore once I enable this.
smile.gif
It's about time...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
usa games now boot directly with region override turned on and gc region turned on, no squashed screen with gamecube games anymore (woohoo no more freeloader swapping to get full screen!), i'm very happy
biggrin.gif
although action replays still don't boot directly, i get a error has occurred, so i will be still using the gcos to boot that, everything else i am happy with though.

i guess there is nothing else for the wiikey team to do anymore, they done what they needed to do now, although it did take them a long time to do it, we eventually got it sorted out.

Slayra-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
didnt the wiikey team also said, Trauma center NTSC would work with the update? still i only see GC updates.... whats in the point in this?
Anyone can grab a GC chip and buy a GC for cheap, and i mean CHEAP...

How about doing something for the Wii games, or something. jesus.
I hardly consider this an update.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
didnt the wiikey team also said, Trauma center NTSC would work with the update? still i only see GC updates.... whats in the point in this?

well this update did a lot for me, i can finally play my gamecube games properly now, and i don't think it's that easy to get a gamecube mod anywhere in the UK, not that i know of, and even if i did it wouldn't be cheap either, you should have known from the beginning that a drive mod won't be 100% region free, deal with it, if you don't want this update then don't download it, no one is forcing you to do so.

SnickS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finally
smile.gif

Has the ass in the update program been removed? xD

edit: Lol, it's still there, the only thing that's changed is the word beta that's changed into final xD
I was hoping that they would make a classy updater in the final
frown.gif

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
the 1.9b update on their webpage is exactly the same that was leaked before..they even said so in their news post..
testing the new sd dump atm to see what diff are..

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

well this update did a lot for me, i can finally play my gamecube games properly now, and i don't think it's that easy to get a gamecube mod anywhere in the UK, not that i know of, and even if i did it wouldn't be cheap either, you should have known from the beginning that a drive mod won't be 100% region free, deal with it, if you don't want this update then don't download it, no one is forcing you to do so.

was i being angry at you? Because i didnt say anything to you, and if you think its hard in UK, imagine in Portugal where there is NO ONE to chip your gamecube, plus i never chipped mine, Max Drive Pro does all that, cheaper also. Oh yeah... i've bought it from the online store at the UK. (i was using my GF account, not mine :\ was at her PC).

Plus i already know about the compatibility wont get much better, but FIRST THEY said that the compatibility would get better, if you didnt know that, i advise you to look for topics about the update from like.. AGES AGO, more then half a month.

Plus, they didnt even change the bloody update, just renamed something. Someone leaked and they didnt even care to change the background.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1