Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
THE OFFICIAL
supersmashbrosbrawllogopg7.png

DISCUSSION TOPIC

From a topic that was made just to build up hype for the game, it has pretty much become the central discussion local for Brawl, so that is what it has become. With the release of Feb. 10th barely over a month away March 9th (for the North American users) and January 31st for the Japanese crowd, anticipation is growing as we all expect many new characters! With over 21 pages as of now, there's a lot of info to skim through the pages for - so here is a wind up of everything that matters. And of course keep in mind the Dojo is constantly being updated with more information!

CHARACTERS

STAGES

THE NEW ASSIST TROPHIES

OTHER NOTICABLE FEATURES

gamermole

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
asmuch as i loved melee im not really tracking this game im going to get it indeed and its going to be awesome but i like to keep myself from knowing asmuch as i can about big titles im getting. i dont even know who the new characters are except from wario, metaknight, zero suit samus and kid icarus. that was the last update i read. but what is this about assist trophies, im intrigued?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
asmuch as i loved melee im not really tracking this game im going to get it indeed and its going to be awesome but i like to keep myself from knowing asmuch as i can about big titles im getting. i dont even know who the new characters are except from wario, metaknight, zero suit samus and kid icarus. that was the last update i read. but what is this about assist trophies, im intrigued?
The Assist Trophies are just like Pokeballs, except instead of Pokemon coming out they're other Nintendo characters. The only three we know of currently are the Nintendog (Blocks the screen), Hammer Bros. (Throws hammers), and Samurai Goroh (Slashes a lot.) Also Nintendo promises plenty of obscure characters to go into these things. I forsee a Mother 3 character being in one.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's all petition for me to be in the game. I mean, I could like roll over your enemies with my giant yellow round head.

toot.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
THis game is going to be awesome!!!!!11 Especially with online... wet dream come true.

Did they already confirm online
blink.gif
? The only thing I thought SSBM was essential missing was online play. Hopefully if they do add it, it won't be crap like PBR...
dry.gif

Nintendo did say already that was one of their main goals with Brawl.

QUOTE(EarthBound @ Jul 4 2007, 12:50 PM)What if you get a mushroom while you are Giga Bowser?
ohmy.gif

*stage breaks*
Giant Melee + Mushroom
wtf.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update: July 5th: Smash Attacks (Feature)
Yep. I knew it. After three days of good updates, we had to get a dumb, obvious one...though this update also shows that anyone who decides to willingly use the Wiimote alone as their way of playing is an idiot...
wtf.gif

basic04_070705c.jpg

basic04_070705g.jpg

But hey, Giga Bowser's a tough act to follow.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update: July 6th: Bridge of Eldin
A new stage, the locale in Twilight Princess where you and Piggy on a Boar had a duel to the death! Apparently said Piggy on a Boar appears randomly and bombs the stage, which then a Twilight Gate opens to fix. I think that's pretty cool actually. I bet the competitive guys would love this stage if you can shut stuff like Piggy appearing off.

stage05_070706a.jpg
stage05_070706b.jpg

stage05_070706c.jpg
stage05_070706d.jpg

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: July 6th: Bridge of Eldin
A new stage, the locale in Twilight Princess where you and Piggy on a Boar had a duel to the death! Apparently said Piggy on a Boar appears randomly and bombs the stage, which then a Twilight Gate opens to fix. I think that's pretty cool actually. I bet the competitive guys would love this stage if you can shut stuff like Piggy appearing off.

stage05_070706a.jpg
stage05_070706b.jpg

stage05_070706c.jpg
stage05_070706d.jpg

That quite lovely actually. Nice to see parts of TP appear too.

I hope something from Mario Galaxy is in the game, would be fun to fight underneath a planet upside down. Shame stuff from Sunshine is there, though I loved that game I can't say I'm that fond of the Delfino theme.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty content with the bridge of Eldin, but I'm sure there were other great places to choose from TP as well.
I'm hoping we get a good variety of stages soon!

E3 next week better show a new trailer!

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
July 9th: Standard Combos (Feature)
Missed yesterday's on purpose because it was pretty plain, Standard Combos. I have a feeling that you won't see many people doing the "Just hold the button down" moves. That's just my view though.

July 10th: Dr. Wright (Assist Trophy
Today's update is a bit bizaare though, a new Assist Trophy: Mr. Wright from SimCity (SNES). Of all the freaking people they could choose from, they choose him. If he's in this, who won't be?

assist03_070710b.jpg
assist03_070710d.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.